The Adored is a new sniper rifle that’s introduced in Destiny 2: Beyond Light. It’s also the only Season of the Hunt ritual weapon that we know of, so far. It’s a decent weapon, especially if you’re keen on finding a replacement for the Beloved. The good thing is that there’s a fast and somewhat “cheesy” way of getting it, too. Here’s our guide to help you out.
Note: For more information, check out our Destiny 2: Beyond Light guides and features hub.
Destiny 2: Beyond Light – Cheesing to get the Adored sniper rifle
As mentioned in our starter guide for Destiny 2: Beyond Light, players can get the Adored sniper rifle through various means. All you need to do is speak with Banshee to get the quest and choose whether you’d like to complete the objectives in strikes, Crucible, or Gambit. The thing is, Crucible and Gambit might take too long. It’s actually a lot faster if you just pick the strikes option.
Here are the requirements for “Strikes in Your Sights,” the Adored sniper rifle’s quest:
- Defeat 40 bosses.
- Fill up a progress bar to 100% by defeating enemies in strikes.
- Defeat combatants using sniper rifles until the progress bar reaches 100%. Headshot kills give more points.
Rather than joining the Vanguard strikes playlist, just load up The Corrupted strike in the Dreaming City. Then, head to the Blind Well. Each boss there counts as one kill, so you’ll get several points in your tally if you pop a Tier III offering (three bosses) and then do the Tier IV battle (one more boss). Just take note of various blueberries that might not know what you’re doing. As such, it’s better to look for a fireteam via Discord or the Destiny 2 app.
Note: While you’re doing this, you could also complete the Vanguard-focused quest for a Stasis fragment.
Return to Banshee once you’re done with the requirements to obtain the Adored sniper rifle. It’s fully masterworked and has the following perks:
- Hammer-Forged Rifling
- Accurized Rounds
- Triple Tap vs. Killing Wind
- Vorpal Weapon vs. Snapshot Sights
Lastly, don’t forget that you can get additional ornaments for it. You do need to complete some requirements.
- Vanguard ornament (seen below) – 70 sniper rifle kills; 20 sniper rifle rapid defeats/rapid kills; 50 boss kills (doesn’t require you to land the final blow)
- Crucible ornament – 50 sniper rifle kills; 20 sniper rifle final blows; defeat Guardians as a team (any kill will do).
- Gambit – 70 sniper rifle kills; 20 sniper rifle rapid defeats/rapid kills; bank motes as a team.
Destiny 2: Beyond Light is available via Steam. For more information, check out our guides and features hub.