When you start any RPG in the market, you tend to follow the same steps. First of all, you need to learn how the controls work and how to cast your abilities. Secondly, you meet the nearest NPCs and follow the storyline through a bunch of quests. Lastly, you learn that items drop from random enemies, and from time to time, they enhance your character’s capabilities. Now, in World of Warcraft, you take the questing experience to another level. With the recent expansions, we get to see different regions that come with their events and stories. After a while, you get to know the conclusion to that “chapter” when you load the challenging dungeon. The WoW Shadowlands Dungeons make no exceptions.
When you reach that point in a questline, you need to click on the party finder (LFG). Depending on your class, you could opt to be a tank, support, or DPS. For example, if you’re a Wizard, the DPS selection is your only choice. In contrast, though, the Paladin gives you the freedom to pick anything. After everything is set and done, you get a queue position, and you’ll need to wait for the rest of the players (the other five members) to join.
Inside the dungeons, you get the chance to share a while with different types of players. Some of them will stick to the objectives, fast as possible and without any social interactions. On the other hand, you also see those team members that like to write a couple of lines and make the journey a little more entertaining.
WoW Shadowlands Dungeons
When you have a complete party, you’ll need to do one more click, and you’re good to go. The following map will load, and in a matter of seconds, you’ll meet your new teammates. The WoW Shadowlands dungeons follow the same expansion basics. At first, you get to experience this part of the game in a standard difficulty. With these places’ assistance, you can reach the highest level (60) in a short while.
Afterward, you’ll need to focus on increasing your item level from random drops or when you defeat a boss. When you get to item level 157, you can queue for the Heroic versions of the dungeons. They are a little more complicated, but you’ll get better rewards.
Lastly, the Mythic difficulty needs that you set the party first and walk into the dungeon’s entrance. As a result, you could ask for assistance from friends or guildmates. Due to their complexity, the teamwork needs more coordination and better execution—something hard to achieve with random players.
Here’s a WoW Shadowlands dungeons list of what’s available at the moment:
- The Necrotic Wake: Following the scourge theme, you see different types of zombies with extraordinary abilities. Additionally, some of the bosses use new gameplay mechanics that make the dungeon unique and enjoyable. For example, in the Surgeon Stitchfless fight, you need a mob to “hook” the boss towards your party. It is recommendable that you see a video or tutorial before you start the queue. To unlock this instance, you’ll need a character with level 50.
- Plaguefall: Even though this dungeon’s map is somewhat small, it is an enduring test for the supporting player. First of all, the entire place is full of different green pools that damage over time to those walking through them. Secondly, you get tons of debuffs (diseases) from mobs and bosses that can kill the entire party. Lastly, different types of slimes appear randomly between the pools and tend to do AOE damage when they explode and die. You need to reach level 53 to unlock this hideous place.
- Mists of Tirna Scithe: If you want to venture into a mystical forest that can trap you forever if you choose the wrong path, this is for you. Inside this place, you fight against living trees, powerful beasts, and squishy bugs. Always take the initiative if you have some experience in this forest. Therefore, you can pick the proper icon and move around quickly. Advance to level 55 to unlock the dungeon.
- Halls of Atonement: Enter into the gothic part of Shadowlands with this dungeon. Within these walls, you’ll fight powerful gargoyles, vampires, and tormented souls. Similar to the previous instances, you get to see new gameplay mechanics that make things complicated. Remember to talk to your party (at least with text) and ping any nasty debuffs. You’ll need level 57 to open the gates of this place.
- Theater of Pain: From now on, all of the dungeons require level 60 from your character. Within this instance, you get to see how it feels to fight inside an arena. All of the bosses have a different gimmick that requires some knowledge from the party. Overall, they will constantly throw AoE abilities and debuffs that can wipe the entire group.
- De Other Side: Travel to those well-known “troll” temples that come with powerful casters from this race. Like any other dungeon with the same theme, you get to see resurrecting skills that keep the map filled with threats.
- Spires of Ascension: Travel through the “sky temple” full of different mobs that use their wings for attacks. Additionally, it would be best to stay alert from any strong winds that can pull you out of the map. Remember to keep the spears handy and target those that like to float around the party.
- Sanguine Depths: From this last dungeon, you go back into killing gargoyles, vampires, and tormented souls. Still, though, from this point on, enemies will throw challenging abilities at you. First of all, you can get knocked out of the map if you’re not careful. Secondly, you get to see multiple AoE spells that keep you from staying still. Lastly, some debuffs can kill the entire party if you’re not careful.
Besides that equipment that can boost your item level, you get to see many more goods in these dungeons. From trinkets to conduits to legendary recipe drops, everything is good to the taking. Most noteworthy, you get to see vanity items like Mounts, Pets, and Soulshapes. Indeed, you need to gather your party and finish these instances with the Mythic difficulty for better drops.
Frequently Asked Questions about WoW Shadowlands Dungeons
Do I need to Buy the Shadowlands Expansion to Play these Dungeons?
It would be best to obtain the Expansion, which lets you travel in the new Shadowlands maps.
How Many Times Can I Repeat any Dungeon per Day?
You can complete, leave, and fight dungeons again as many times as you’ll like. Still, though, the more severe difficulties give you some drop restrictions that reset each Tuesday.
Are We Getting More Dungeons in Shadowlands?
There’s no guarantee, but everything is possible within World of Warcraft. We could get a patch soon with additional dungeons and new maps to explore.