Mii characters have been around for 15 years! They made their first appearance on Wii in 2006, and they were quite the sporty bunch as the stars of Wii Sports. You could enjoy golf, tennis, bowling, boxing and baseball as a Mii, and yet, that’s far from their only adventure!
Since then, they’ve made appearances in many games on Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Wii U and Nintendo Switch – here are some highlights from their 15-year journey so far:
- Mii characters have starred in more than 100 games!
- A life simulation full of Mii characters? Yes, up to one hundred Mii could share apartments in Tomodachi Life!
- You could meet other people’s Mii characters and even play games with them just by passing them on the street thanks to StreetPass Mii Plaza on Nintendo 3DS.
- Mii characters could dress up as Mario, Luigi, Zelda, Link and more familiar faces, to take on various challenges in Nintendo Land on Wii U.
- A whole social network of Mii existed in Miiverse – with players able to exchange messages, screenshots and drawings!
- Defeat Bowser as a Mii! That’s right, you can face off against Mario’s nemesis as your Mii in New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe’s Coin Battle.