All your decisions in this expansion’s campaign, including the ones for the Computation Engine, will come to a head in “The Doom That Came To Steeltown.” Remember Markham’s warning about gangs that are set to attack? Well, they’ve finally arrived. Here’s our walkthrough and guide for Wasteland 3: The Battle of Steeltown‘s epilogue, Easter eggs, and additional stuff you can try out.
Note: For more information about Wasteland 3: The Battle of Steeltown and the base game, check out our guides/features hub and expansion walkthrough. Likewise, please remember that this guide contains spoilers.
Wasteland 3: The Battle of Steeltown walkthrough – Epilogue and Easter eggs guide
The Arrival of the Gangs
To experience the epilogue of Wasteland 3: The Battle of Steeltown, simply zone in and out of the area and the world map. Upon going back to the world map for the third time, you’ll receive a radio message that Steeltown is under attack.
The person calling you will either be Markham, Crow, or a random refugee (i.e., you sided with Markham, but you killed/freed the synths which made her leave).
Go back to Steeltown to see an encounter taking place. A dozen members of the Payasos, Godfishers, and Scar Collectors have arrived to settle the score. Depending on the choices you’ve made, you’ll see an assortment of defenders:
- Markham or Crow might be here.
- Workers or bots would be around if you didn’t kill/destroy all of them.
- The refugees who you helped (i.e., Cookie) will lend a hand.
- Members of the Ghost Gang will arrive if you just knocked them out or if you avoided deadly fights.
- Di and Blue will pop up depending on your decisions.
- The synths will aid you if you freed them from the Computation Engine.
I don’t think you have to use non-lethal options here, so I guess you can go in with guns blazing for the extra damage. Don’t forget to use the Kodiak to flatten any hostiles in the way.
It’s going to be a slog due to so many enemies. Hopefully, you managed to keep around enough friendlies to help provide support. When you’re done, pick up your loot (I don’t think there’s anything unique). Whoever leads the facility now (i.e., Markham or Crow) will give you some Tellurium as well.
The Ghost Garage Easter egg
If you visit the Ghost Garage, you’ll encounter a peculiar individual named Dash Grabem. He’s got a lot of animal companions with him since he seems to be Wasteland 3‘s Pokémon master.
Dash will challenge you to a “trainer battle,” but you can avoid it if you have Animal Whisperer 8. If you do fight him, you’ll be up against a spiny toad, bison, two-headed goat, and even a cat. Also, I tried but I couldn’t tame/permanently charm any of his pets.
Other stuff you can check out
There are other things you can try out now that you’re done with Wasteland 3: The Battle of Steeltown‘s main quest and epilogue. I wasn’t able to test these after playing, but you might have time to see if there are new results:
- During instances where you end up in a firefight but you don’t want to kill an important target, maybe you can use non-lethal options instead, such as when you have to capture Valor Buchanan in Denver.
- If you freed the synths in Steeltown Spire, will the others that you encounter (i.e., Wolfe’s Synth Hunt) have additional remarks?
- The serial killer from Ranger HQ’s brig has claimed a fourth victim, but he did leave a note. You’re told that he’s going north and that you can go to the “dome” if you need a place to crash.
- You gain Steeltown reputation through your actions and decisions. Once you’ve maxed out your reputation, will the inhabitants support you once you make your bid to oust the Patriarch at the end of the campaign?
Wasteland 3: The Battle of Steeltown is available via Steam. For more information, check out our guides/features hub and expansion walkthrough.