New Diablo 3 Season 24 is coming soon and developers have designed a special theme to celebrate the upcoming release of Diablo II Resurrected. In Season 24 you will see new weapon items named Ethereals that are much stronger than other weapons including legendaries. Read on to learn more about Diablo 2 Season 24 Ethereals.
In Season 24, Ethereals are rare, powerful, and fleeting items, with 21 iconic weapons from Diablo II making a return.
And that is true, you will see that these seasonal weapons add some new ways of improving your build. Moreover, they give a chance to level faster and more effective as they start to drop from level 10 like other legendary items. Though the drop rate is pretty low (between Ancient and Primal items).
In Season 24 you will see 24 introduces Ethereals, which will roll a powerful set of affixes, a random Class Weapon Legendary Power and a random Class Passive Power. Ethereals will have unique icons, names, item types, and sounds originally found in Diablo II.
In ten levels of playing o PTR I’ve got a new upgraded version of the same Mang Song’s Lesson staff. It had worse rolls, but much higher DPS and other legendary powers (useful for Hydras and not Arcane Orb). Thanks to Ethereals it has become much easier to level as you can simply one-shot bosses or significantly increase the difficulty to get more experience.
In the late game, of course, you might be focused on requiring the one Ethereal that suits your main build the most. As this special seasonal type of weapon cannot be changed or rerolled that will be a long hunt.
For additional details on Ethereals, check out the list below:
- Ethereals are account bound and can only be dropped by monsters, chests, and destructibles, but do not require your character to be level 70 to drop. Ethereals cannot be acquired through Kanai’s Cube or from Kadala.
- Ethereal rarity drop rate is set between Ancient and Primal items.
- There are 3 unique Ethereals per class. Each Ethereal has fixed affixes and rolls one random Legendary Weapon power and one random Class Passive Skill.
- Only one Ethereal can be equipped at a time.
- Ethereals ignore item durability loss.
- Legendary Powers and Class Passive Skills rolled on Ethereals do not stack with the same power equipped through Kanai’s Cube, Items or Skills.
- Ethereals cannot be Enchanted, Transmogrified, Dyed, Reforged, or traded.
- Ethereals can be augmented.
- Collecting all 21 Ethereals during Season 24 will reward players with the Feat of Strength, Ethereal Recollection. Players who accomplish this will have all Ethereal transmogrify options available for future seasonal and non-seasonal play.
- Ethereals only drop in Seasonal play, and will not transfer to your non-seasonal character when the season ends.
Later when we know more we will add the list of all 24 Ethereals below. Meanwhile you can read other posts or think of a future build.