Leper’s Smile is a location that you can visit in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous during Act 2. It’s further northeast from your starting location, and your crusading armies are bound to encounter a few demons along the way. Once you’re able to go there, though, you need to be prepared to face off against the swarm. Here’s our Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous guide to help you with the Leper’s Smile location and its secrets that lead to the Lich Mythic Path and Golden Dragon Mythic Path.
Note: For more information, check out our Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous guides and features hub.
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous – Leper’s Smile guide — Encounters, loot, and Mythic Paths (Lich and Golden Dragon)
The first time you enter the Leper’s Smile zone in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, you’ll be presented with a choice on which character gets sent out with an advance party. Things don’t go as planned, because they end up battling a massive swarm of locusts.
In the highlands area, there are multiple passageways that you can explore. However, each time you pick up unique loot, the advance party will suffer more casualties. As far as I can tell, there are no long-term repercussions for this, and the companion you pick to lead the group doesn’t end up dead.
Anyway, just explore the highlands area to gather loot (you can see the map above). Also, don’t forget that you’re fighting insect swarms here, and they can damage your CON directly:
- (1) Silky Veil Shirt – +1 dodge bonus to AC; +2 enhancement bonus to unarmed attacks; only for Monks.
- (2) Ring of Bardic Resourcefulness – Additional use of a Bardic Performance ability per day.
- (3) Keen Short Spear +2.
- (4) Naturalist Armor – +2 studded leather armor; +2 insight bonus to AC vs. plants and vermins.
- (5) Lost Traveler – You need to pass two skill checks (Perception 17 and Athletics 20). You can then choose to heal a wounded NPC. This fella will actually reappear later in the campaign if you’ve helped him.
At the northern edge of the highlands section, you’ll find a ritual circle. After a bit of dialogue, a pathway that leads to an underground cave opens up.
Below, you’ll see the map of the cave system. There’s a lot of important stuff that we can find here, including:
- (1) – Belt of Incredible Dexterity – +2 DEX.
- (2) Vermin Bane Elven Curved Blade +2, Helmet of Scroccia (quest item)
- (3) Longsword +2
- (4) Voice of Hollow – +2 enhancement; mithral heavy mace; crits have a chance to cause the “Voice of Hollow” AoE debuff (50% chance for enemies to suffer sonic damage or 50% chance they attack the nearest creature).
- (5) Hunter Retriever enemy – You’ll need to use Athletics to enter its lair. It drops the Retriever’s Claw dagger.
- (6) Radiant Kukri +1.
Golden Dragon Mythic Path: Piece of Terendelev’s Claw
One of the reasons we visited the Leper’s Smile location in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is to look for important items required for certain Mythic Paths. For instance, you can find the Terendelev’s Claw item in the cave system near one of the destroyed wagons (unfortunately, I wasn’t able to mark it on the map). This, along with Terendelev’s Scale, need to be given to the Storyteller later. He’ll then tell you where to find Teredendelev’s Lair which would, eventually, lead to the Golden Dragon Mythic Path.
Lich Mythic Path: Wand of Zacharius
As for the Lich Mythic Path, we need to find the Wand of Zacharius. It’s actually at the northwestern section of the cavern. As you get past the monsters, you’ll see several wights led by an undead named Garkel. Even if you kill these creatures, they’ll get revived over and over.
Your goal is to get a character to reach the glowing icon near the barrels. Upon interacting with it, you’ll see several dialogue options. Don’t choose the “good” and “evil” options. Instead, just “hide the wand in the bag.”
This item, the Wand of Zacharius, is something we’ll need once we reach the Lost Chapel. It will allow us to unlock the Lich Mythic Path later in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous.
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is available via Steam.