Trigger Happy Interactive and Apogee Entertainment have announced Turbo Overkill, a “savage” first-person shooter for the PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 among other platforms.
Inspired by DOOM, Duke Nukem, and Quake, Turbo Overkill is set in a cyberpunk world where you play as “half-metal, half-human, half-crazy” named Johnny Turbo. Equipped with weapons like hidden arm rockets and a chainsaw, Turbo is on a quest to destroy the “greatest AI ever created” before other bounty hunters get to it.
An official overview reads:
Turbo Overkill takes over-the-top to never-before-reached heights. Activate Hero Time (TM), a new form of slow motion with a twist. Build incredible speed by wall-running and dashing. Slide on your chainsaw leg, eviscerating foes and opening up bosses for critical damage, and go car-surfing on the hoods of flying cars. Blast away with the Twin Magnums, which lock-on and instagib several foes, the Boomer Shotgun and its attached grenade launcher, or the Telefragger sniper rifle, which teleports Johnny inside an enemy before they explode from within. The first-person shooter genre is about to get wild and fun again.
- Kill a boss, get its augment (special power).
- Play Spider-Man with your grappling hook.
- One-up Duke Nukem with your chainsaw kick.
- Kills = cash. Use cash to install augments, upgrade your weapons, and add new abilities in your talent tree.
- Be a ghost runner while wall running.
- Attack from above riding the hood of your flying car like a kung-furious badass.
- Mini-rockets built into your robotic arm? Check.
- This. List. Will. Grow. Wishlist the game to see it happen.
Turbo Overkill will release in 2022.