ACE Team and Good Shepherd Entertainment have announced that their open-world survival game, The Eternal Cylinder, will release on the PlayStation 4 alongside other platforms on September 30th for $29.99.
First announced in 2019, The Eternal Cylinder tasks players will controlling a herd of “adorable” creatures in an exotic alien world where they must learn how to survive. The game features story-driven exploration, mysteries, puzzles, and tons of things to discover.
- Unforgettable Alien World to Explore – Players must explore a gorgeous world which is populated with unforgettable vistas and unique landscapes which have something new to discover around every corner.
- Solve Ancient Mysteries – Explore the world to discover a vast array of challenging puzzles to solve and overcome.
- Real-Time World Destruction – Everything in the world can be destroyed in real-time by The Eternal Cylinder, so players must continuously evade its destructive path in order to survive whilst marveling at the visual splendor of its godlike power.
- Build Your Own Alien Family – Develop a nomadic herd of unique alien creatures called Trebhums. Players control one Trebhum from the herd at a time and the rest follow, but you can switch to any individual member of their herd at will. Explore the world to rescue more of your brethren and continuously expand your family. Control a herd which can grow to more than 20 members at any given time and imbue each of your Trebhums with their own unique mutations and skill sets. Players can create a custom name for each of their Trebhum, increasing the emotional bond between player and their Trebhum family.
- Unique Mutation System – Although Trebhum’s are generally frail and start their lives at the very bottom of the world’s food chain, they have the uniqueability to mutate and unlock new skills by consuming natural edibles which populate the game world. So, players must explore and experiment with a vast array of fruits, flora and alien creatures to unlock new powers and gameplay options.
- Over 50 Mutations to Discover – Players can unlock more than 50 unique mutations as they explore the world, each one of which enable new gameplay options. These include new traversal options such as the ability to fly and swim, but also new offensive moves like the ability to spit fire and create loud warning noises. New mutations allow players to explore new areas and some mutations stack thus creating a truly expansive skill set which is constantly evolving.
- A Trebhum for Everyone – Enjoy a rich variety of Trebhum designs, as each mutation combine with one another to create surprising new creatures. This allows your herd to continue to evolve as you explore new areas.
- Story Driven Exploration – The Eternal Cylinder features a deep and engrossing story for players to uncover as they continue to explore the alien world. The game explores themes of family and heritage, and the lasting power of knowledge.
- Layered Survival – Players will need to manage multiple resource-layers in order to be able to survive. These include hydration level, various temperatures each with their own impact and stamina.
- Living and Breathing Ecosystems – The world of The Eternal Cylinder is populated with more than 30 memorable handcrafted alien creatures. These creatures vary greatly in size and range from those smaller than a Trebhum, all the way to skyscraper sized leviathans who dominate the horizon. Each of these creatures features their own dedicated Al and behaves in natural ways. Players must learn their unique behaviors and discover surprising ways to utilize the natural food chain to their advantage and interact with every creature.
- Four Unique Biodomes to Discover and Explore – Players can explore four unique biodomes including alien savannas and infected habitats, each with their own dedicated ecosystems and unique creatures to discover.
Check out a trailer below.