Polygon Treehouse and United Label have announced that their narrative adventure game, Roki, will release on the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S on October 28th. The game first launched last year on the Nintendo Switch and PC, where it garnered positive reviews.
Inspired by Scandinavian folklore, Roki follows the story of Tove, who journeys through “a mysterious and long-forgotten world filled with strange mythical creatures” in an effort to save her family. Roki features puzzles, and an interactive and dynamic environment. The game boasts non-violent gameplay, accessible controls, and universal themes.
Key features include:
- Experience Roki on next-generation consoles at an all-new level of immersion with up to 4K resolution and 60 frames per second support.
- Join Tove on a fantastical journey to save her family; one that takes her deep into a long-forgotten world of folklore, filled with strange locations and even stranger creatures.
- Explore a living fairytale, solve ancient puzzles, and travel deeper through the icy land to learn the truth.
- Immerse yourself in a rich, beguiling Northern world of mystery and monsters, brought to life by Roki‘s signature graphical style.
- Solve the riddles of the wilderness—Roki is a game of brains not brawn.
- Uncover a tale of tragic loss, as you chart your path to redemption.
“Roki is our take on modernizing the classic adventure games we loved growing up – games like Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, and Grim Fandango,” said Polygon Treehouse. “We wanted to capture the storytelling and spirit of adventure from those games, but more importantly, update the play style for audiences today.”
Check out a trailer below.