Team Fortress 2 is developed and published by Valve Corporation. It is a multiplayer FPS game. And while it is fun to play like many other online games it also shares the same problem as them. And that problem is having server issues. Servers can go down for any reason be it outage or for maintenance. So in this guide let us take a look at how to check the server status of Team Fortress 2 (TF2) if servers are down.
How to Check Team Fortress 2 (TF2) Server Status
These are the ways to check if Team Fortress 2 servers are down.
- Check steamstat.us: Steam stat.us is the best way to check the server status of Team Fortress 2. On this site, you can not only get the server status of TF2 but also of DOTA 2 and CSGO.
- Visit Downdetector: Downdetector is a site where you can find out all the issues reported by the players in the last 24 hours.
Team Fortress 2 servers down?
If the servers are actually down, then you have no other option but to wait till it gets back online. But, if the servers are working then you can try some of these fixes:
- Test your internet connection: You can test your internet connection by playing other online games or by doing a speed test.
- Restart your PC: You can simply restart your PC to check if it helps. This is a very basic trick but also works quite well in a lot of situations.
- Refresh your connection: Your internet might be working but not as it is supposed to. So to fix that you can refresh your connection. If you play wirelessly you can do that by rebooting your router. And if you play with a wired connection then simply plug it out and plug in the Ethernet cable.
That sums up this guide on how to check TF2 Server Status. If you like playing this game be sure to check out our other guides on how to change FOV settings and how to enable chat in Team Fortress 2.