The Baleful Edict is the Grey Knights’ ship in Warhammer 40K: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters. Your squad is beset by danger on all sides in the Tyrtaeus Sector. As Nurgle’s plague spreads and Death Guard destroyers close in, you’ll need to make sure that your vessel remains intact. Here’s our Warhammer 40K: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters Manufactorum guide to help you with ship upgrades and how to get more Servitors.
Note: We’ll have a Warhammer 40K: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters guides and features hub soon, so stay tuned.
Warhammer 40K: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters – Manufactorum ship upgrades and Servitors guide
Getting more Servitors in Warhammer 40K: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters
Dominus Lunete of the Adeptus Mechanicus heads the Manufactorum where you’ll acquire ship upgrades in Warhammer 40K: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters. At the start, you’ll only have a few Servitors that can be used for construction options. Eventually, you’ll see additional missions that have Servitors as a reward.
Make sure you prioritize these to get most systems up and running. There’s a chance that certain events could cause damage to the Baleful Edict or a loss of Servitors. This occurrence, as well as other mishaps, can lead to a death spiral and an unrecoverable state for your campaign.
Note: Canceling a construction that’s underway will not refund the Servitors that have been used.
|Plasma Reactor||Improved Reactor I, II, and III||Unlock additional construction option tiers for other ship parts.|
|Augmentation Chamber||Augmentation Chamber I and II||Gain extra Servitors every 10 days.|
|Accelerated Construction I and II||Speeds up construction.|
|Libris Malleus||Libris Malleus I, II, and III||Speeds up research based on the number of Grimoires that you have.|
|Warp Drive||Warp Drive I, II, and III||Increases the speed of your ship on the galaxy map.|
|Enhanced Geller Field||Prevents Warp Storm risks.|
- Plasma Reactor – Improved Reactor I is an important ship upgrade in Warhammer 40K: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters since it unlocks other functions. The rest are only needed if you have to complete the tiers for the other ship parts.
- Augmentation Chamber – You might want to gain some extra Servitors passively.
- Libris Malleus – Useful if you want to speed up research, especially if you make the wrong decisions that cause the ire of Vakir. You can ignore this temporarily if you got the boosted research speed from an Armory of Titan/Grandmaster Kai dilemma.
- Warp Drive – One of the most useful upgrade chains. It spells the difference between reaching two missions on different planets or utter failure if your ship can’t get there in time.
|Void Shields||Void Shield I, II, and III||Increases hull integrity (i.e., heals your ship).|
|Gun Batteries||Gun Battery I, II, and III||Adds offensive firepower.|
|Exterminatus||Exterminatus and Emergency Exterminatus||Adds one use of Exterminatus.|
|Mechanical Bay||Repair: Hull||Restores hull integrity to full.|
- Void Shields – Helpful if you have only a single hull point left, though it can be a little risky due to random events. If your ship gets caught in a deadly Warp Storm or a Death Guard void ambush, and you haven’t repaired the hull at all, then it’s game over since most dilemma results won’t be in your favor.
- Gun Batteries – Feel free to ignore this since you can just skirt around the Death Guard patrols.
- Exterminatus – Declare Exterminatus on a planet only if it’s fully corrupted by Nurgle’s plague.
- Mechanical Bay – Just use the cheaper/quicker Void Shield upgrade when necessary.
|Barracks||Barracks I, II, and III||Each upgrade adds +4 soldier slots and +1 recruitment rank.|
|Meditation Chamber||Meditation Chamber I, II, and III||Increases XP gains by 50%, 50%, and 100% (additive).|
|Apothecarion||Stasis Chamber||Stores fallen brothers – Allows you to respec a new recruit in case there’s a dead Grey Knight (i.e., transferring the gene-seed).|
|Surgical Unit||Unlocks enhanced augmetics for critically wounded Grey Knights.|
|Regeneration Unit I and II||Speeds up wound recovery.|
|Augurium||Augurium I, II, III, and IV||Each upgrade adds +1 Prognosticar.|
- Barracks – You’ll only need the first tier for extra slots. Feel free to get rid of the Grey Knights that you don’t need to make way for new recruits with ideal rolls.
- Meditation Chamber – One of the most useful ship upgrades in Warhammer 40K: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters. This helps you level up your soldiers a lot faster.
- Apothecarion – The Stasis Chamber is the game’s respec method, and only once you have at least one dead Grey Knight.
- Augurium – You can place a Prognosticar on the galaxy map. It will affect all adjacent planets, providing improved scanning (i.e., enemy units), an extra Strategem slot, reduced Warp Surge, and lower corruption level. Moreover, it increases the deadline of Bloom missions, allowing you to reach distant planets in time.
Warhammer 40K: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters is available via Steam.