Today, we’re excited to celebrate the launch of the Xbox App on Samsung 2022 Smart TVs, enabling you to play hundreds of cloud-enabled Xbox Game Pass games like Halo Infinite, Forza Horizon 5, and Microsoft Flight Simulator without a console.
Starting today in 27 countries, you can turn on your Samsung 2022 Smart TV, navigate to the Xbox App in the new Samsung Gaming Hub or Media Hub, connect your Bluetooth controller, and play. It’s as simple as using any other streaming app on your TV.
Here’s what you need to know to get started:
Playing Xbox games on 2022 Samsung Smart TVs is a seamless experience. To make sure you’re ready to game, here’s what you’ll need:
- To access the Xbox app, you’ll need one of Samsung’s 2022 Smart TVs.
- To play the hundreds of cloud-enabled games in the Game Pass library, you’ll need an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membership.
- If you don’t have a membership and want to try the experience for yourself before you sign up, you can play Fortnite for free without an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membership.
- Almost any Bluetooth-enabled controller will work with the Xbox app, like the Xbox Wireless Controller, Xbox Adaptive Controller, Elite Series 2 Controller, or the DualSense controller.
How to Access the Xbox App
There are two ways you can access the Xbox app on a 2022 Samsung Smart TV depending on where you’re located.
- In some countries you can access the Xbox app through Samsung’s new Gaming Hub. Simply navigate to the Gaming Hub via the user interface, launch the Xbox app, and you’re ready to go!
- Otherwise you can navigate to the Samsung App store from the Samsung Media Hub, search for “Xbox” to download the app onto your TV, and launch it to begin playing.
As we shared earlier this month, we’re excited to take this first step with Samsung and look forward to keeping you up to date during this next evolution in our vision. With Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and a controller, you can easily jump into the world of gaming and connect with your friends and communities on Xbox.
We can’t wait to hear what you think of this experience, so please continue sharing your feedback with us.
For more details on Xbox Cloud Gaming, see here.