Screenshot by PC Invasion
Hogwarts Legacy has several Animal Symbol Door Puzzles. One of these happens to be in the North Hall. You won’t have access to this area at the start of the game. As such, you’ll need to progress further until you obtain the Alohomora spell. Here’s our Hogwarts Legacy North Hall Door Puzzle guide to help you solve this particular brain teaser near the Bell Tower area.
Note: For more information, check out our Hogwarts Legacy guides and features hub.
Hogwarts Legacy North Hall Door Puzzle guide
There are two ways to reach the North Hall Door Puzzle in Hogwarts Legacy:
- Bell Tower Courtyard – From the Floo Flame, climb up the right staircase until you reach the music room. There’s a passage that leads to a foyer, which happens to have a locked door.
- Transfiguration Classroom – Alternatively, turn around from this Floo Flame and open the large wooden door. Climb up the staircase to reach the landing.
Open the locked door using Alohomora and go to the back of the room to see the puzzle. To solve it, you’ll want to remember these clues:
- Similar to other puzzles of this type, each animal symbol corresponds to a number from zero to nine, going from the bottom-left of the arch to the bottom-right.
- Interact with the puzzle by pressing the “F” key to see the equation. There are two sets that require unknown symbols (i.e., “?” for the top equation and “??” for the bottom equation).
- You’ll notice a number in the center of each equation. This represents the sum of the numbers and/or symbols around it.
Given the above, we can solve the North Hall Puzzle in Hogwarts Legacy by doing the following:
- Top equation (“?”) requires the Lizard (6) -> 2+ Elephant (2) + Lizard (6) = 10. The plate is to the left of the door.
- Bottom equation (“??”) requires the Hydra (3) -> 1 + 3 + Hydra (3) = 7. The plate is to the right.
For your efforts, you’ll receive an item for your Collections tab and a random gear piece. Don’t forget to check out all the other Hogwarts Legacy Animal Symbol Door Puzzles to obtain nifty rewards.
Hogwarts Legacy is available via Steam.