Welcome to the field the Tormentors: The newest bad guy to grace the Destiny 2 universe. Tormentors may seem like a boss battle at first, but as you play through Destiny 2: Lightfall you will quickly realize, they’re a lot more common than that. The best way to defeat Tormentors in Destiny 2 is something that takes a little while to learn, thankfully, we have it all figured out.
How to defeat Tormentors in Destiny 2
Tormentors are multi-stage enemies. They have a wide range of attacks and always come with a crew. You’ll have to be ready for them with a good arsenal and preparation for their move set. First, let’s take a look at the attacks they have up their… sleeves?
- Charge – This is preceded by a blue glow. Find cover, if they get their hands on you they will drain your health and will usually mean death if you are not at almost full health.
- Projectiles – This is the first stage of the attack. They are easy to avoid as they slice across the map. Keep something between you and them.
- Scythe – This will hurt, and also suppress abilities for a time. Keep your distance.
- Dive – If you see the Tormentor jump into the air, get out of the way. They will come slamming down causing a suppressing and damaging shockwave.
As you attempt to defeat the Tormentors in Destiny 2 you will notice things go in stages depending on how you have damaged them.
- Stage one – Focus fire on their weak points from range. The only damage you can do is to their shoulders, which glow white. Using a bow or scout rifle is advisable here.
- Stage two – This is where the Tormentor starts amping up their onslaught. The chest will become exposed when their shoulders are broken. You can also get the big guns out and start using your powers and super, as your target will be much bigger.
Tips on how to defeat the Tormentors in Destiny 2
This is a great new enemy for the Lightfall expansion but it may give you some trouble. The best advice is to keep it at stage one until you have cleared most of the grunts assisting them out. Make sure you stay at a distance and keep something between you and it. Once the field is clear, focus on accurate weapons for stage one, and go hard for stage two. This should help you defeat the Tormentors in Destiny 2.