Players can complete a variety of side stories in Octopath Traveler 2. Those looking to make the most out of the game and see as much of its world as possible will want to complete all of them. This is our guide on how to complete The Traveler’s Bag side story in Octopath Traveler 2.
Note: Stay tuned for our Octopath Traveler 2 guides and features hub.
How to complete The Traveler’s Bag in Octopath Traveler 2
The Traveler’s Bag is a unique side story where its starting location changes depending on what character you start with. Regardless of your chosen character, this side story will trigger shortly after finishing Chapter 1.
After completing Chapter 1 and leaving the town, a young man named Al will call you over. He’ll tell you that a dangerous thief robbed him at night and has taken his bag. To complete The Traveler’s Bag, you need to track down this thief and retake the bag.
It’s not only the quest’s starting location that changes based on your chosen character. The location where you’ll find the thief does too. However, the thief is always found next to a campfire at night close to the quest’s starting location. The thief’s location during The Traveler’s Bag is as follows depending on who you chose:
- Agnea: Head east from Al until you reach a save point and the thief will be just southeast of that.
- Castti: Head west from Al and then go up the stairs to find the thief.
- Hikari: Head north from Al over the bridge and then go east until you find the thief.
- Ochette: Head east From Al down the hill and then northwest to find the thief standing under a large stone arch.
- Osvald: Head east from Al and cross both bridges and the thief will be on the other side.
- Partitio: Head south from Al down the stairs and the thief will be at the bottom.
- Temenos: Head south from Al until the path splits. At this split, go north and the thief will be on the right-hand side a little up the snowy path.
- Throné: Head north from Al and follow the path until you encounter the thief.
Once you’ve tracked down the thief, you need to defeat him in battle. This is an easy fight, so just attack away and you’ll win soon enough. After defeating the thief, take back the bag and return it to Al. Once you hand over the bag to Al, you’ll have completed The Traveler’s Bag in Octopath Traveler 2 and be rewarded 1,500 Leaves, a Slippery Nut, and 3 Healing Grapes for your troubles.
Octopath Traveler 2 can be purchased on Steam.