How to Get Cloudstrike in Destiny 2
Cloudstrike has become a highly sought-after weapon in Destiny 2, suitable for both PvE and PvP activities. In this guide, we will walk you through the step-by-step process of unlocking Cloudstrike and its Catalyst. Let’s dive in!
To obtain Cloudstrike in Destiny 2, you must first unlock the Europan Explorer II Sabotage. This will grant you access to high-difficulty Empire Hunts from Variks. Completing these Empire Hunts on any difficulty level gives you a chance to receive Cloudstrike as a reward.
Steps to Unlock Cloudstrike:
- Purchase and complete the Beyond Light expansion, as Cloudstrike is exclusive to this expansion.
- Finish the Beyond Light campaign and visit Zavala in the Tower.
- Receive the quest “Reclaiming Europa” from Zavala, which will lead you to Variks in Europa.
- Complete Variks’ mission named “Sabotaging Salvation”.
- Unlock the Sabotage tab by speaking to Variks.
- Purchase and complete the Europan Explorer quest, which requires killing enemies with Kinetic, Energy, and Power weapons.
- Unlock the Europan Explorer II quest by defeating 30 powerful combatants in an Empire Hunt.
- Speak with Variks to gain access to rotating higher-difficulty Empire Hunts.
- Hover over the difficulty options on the Map tab to see the rare chance of Cloudstrike dropping upon completion of any difficulty Empire Hunt.
- Farm the lowest-difficulty Empire Hunt to increase your chances of obtaining Cloudstrike.
How to Get Cloudstrike Catalyst
Once you have unlocked the Cloudstrike Sniper Rifle, you can then work on obtaining its Catalyst.
Obtaining Cloudstrike Catalyst:
The Catalyst for Cloudstrike drops randomly after completing any type of playlist activity, such as Strikes, Nightfalls, Vanguard Ops, Gambit matches, and Crucible matches. It is entirely based on chance.
When the Catalyst drops, you will need to kill 400 enemies with Cloudstrike to complete it. You can do this in any location, but we recommend loading into a Kali checkpoint from the Last Wish Raid for a fast and efficient way to rack up kills.
Although 400 kills may seem like a lot, the Cloudstrike Catalyst is worth the effort. It grants the weapon an additional 25 Handling and the Triple Tap Perk, which replenishes a round to the magazine after every three precision shots. With a base magazine size of seven, Triple Tap effectively increases it to ten rounds, providing significant damage potential from a distance.
Is Cloudstrike Worth It?
Cloudstrike is an Exotic Arc Sniper Rifle that has established itself as one of the top choices in PvP. Its Mortal Polarity Intrinsic Perk delivers a devastating lightning bolt upon precision final blows, capable of one-shotting Guardians. This keeps enemies at bay and discourages them from grouping up.
In PvE, Cloudstrike has emerged as a powerful DPS tool thanks to recent Sniper Rifle buffs. The Stormbringer Perk generates a lightning cloud after landing multiple precision hits, further increasing your overall DPS. With the Catalyst’s Triple Tap Perk, Cloudstrike becomes one of the highest DPS Special weapons in the game.
With its 140 RPM rate of fire, you can quickly unload your entire magazine into Bosses, giving you ample time to utilize your Power weapons. It also excels at clearing large groups of enemies, as a single precision kill can wipe them all out.
Considering its exceptional performance in both PvP and PvE, Cloudstrike is undoubtedly worth the grind to obtain. Are you excited to try out this impressive weapon? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!