Xbox Update Preview for Alpha Skip-Ahead Ring
We have an exciting new Xbox Update Preview coming to the Alpha Skip-Ahead ring for Xbox Insiders. This update includes several background improvements to ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox consoles.
System Update Details:
- OS version released: RS_XBOX_DEV_FLIGHT25977.1003.231017-2000
- Available: 2 p.m. PT – October 20, 2023
- Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – October 21, 2023
- Fixes to address an issue where some apps could close unexpectedly shortly after launch or would not launch as expected (error 0x80070005).
- Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console.
- Note: Users participating in Preview may see “odd” text across the console, for more information go here.
We understand that some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These items aren’t being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution.
- We have received reports of users experiencing intermittent issues with audio across the dashboard, games, and apps. If you have experienced issues, be sure to have the latest firmware updates for your TV and other equipment. If unsure, contact the manufacturer for assistance.
- We are aware that the Share button may not behave as expected, and we are working on a fix.
- We have received reports of issues with in-game party management in some titles, and we are investigating.
Keyboard Button Mapping for Xbox Controllers
- If you change your keyboard language settings while the Xbox Accessories app is open, the change will be reflected after quitting the app or rebooting your console.
- We are investigating reports of an issue where the console may not connect to the network as expected on boot. If you experience this, be sure to report the issue via Report a Problem as soon as you’re able.
Make sure to use Report a problem to keep us informed of your issue. We may not be able to respond to everyone, but the data we’ll gather is crucial to finding a resolution.
If you’re an Xbox Insider looking for support, please reach out to the community subreddit. Official Xbox staff, moderators, and fellow Xbox Insiders are there to help with your concerns.
When posting to the subreddit, please look through most recent posts to see if your issue has already been posted or addressed. We always recommend adding to threads with the same issue before posting a brand new one. This helps us support you the best we can! Don’t forget to use “Report a problem” before posting—the information shared in both places helps us understand your issue better.
Thank you to every Xbox Insider in the subreddit today. We love that it has become such a friendly and community-driven hub of conversation and support.
For more information regarding the Xbox Insider Program follow us on Twitter. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider Release Notes for more information regarding your Xbox Update Preview ring!