Multiplayer Modes Revealed for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III Launch
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, set to be one of the most anticipated games of 2023, will be released on November 10. Activision recently confirmed the multiplayer modes that will be available at launch and beyond. Here is a breakdown of the modes:
Rotation of Modes at Launch
- 3v3v3 Cutthroat – This new mode features three teams battling it out for the win. First team to reach the round win limit takes the victory.
- 6v6 Team Deathmatch – Classic Call of Duty mode where two teams fight until a score limit is reached.
- Domination – Teams must capture, hold, and defend objectives to secure the win.
- Search & Destroy – Two teams alternate between attacking and defending a bomb site with no mid-round respawning.
- Kill Confirmed – Players must collect enemy dog tags for points while denying the enemy their own tags.
- Free-For-All – A mode where every player fights against each other, with the first to reach the limit ending the match. The top three players are declared winners.
- Hardpoint – Players compete to capture and hold a rotating Hardpoint for as long as possible.
- Control – Teams take turns attacking and defending objectives.
- War – Returning from COD: WWII, War Mode has players progressing through linear objectives until the end.
- Gun Game – Players unlock more powerful weapons with each kill.
- Ground War – A large-scale mode where players capture and hold objectives to score.
- Invasion – A large-scale Team Deathmatch featuring both human and AI soldiers.
- Hardcore – Modern Warfare III offers a Hardcore mode with limited HUD and low health, along with friendly fire enabled.
- Firing Range and Training Course – A practice mode where players can test weapons, perks, and gear against dummy soldiers. There is also a Training Course to help players learn movement and combat skills.
- Private Matches – Players can customize game settings across all modes for private matches with friends.
These multiplayer modes will be available in rotation at launch, and Activision has hinted that more modes will be added in the weeks after the game’s release. Make sure to check back with GameSpot for more updates on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III.