Screenshot by PC Invasion
Avada Kedavra is a spell in Hogwarts Legacy. More than that, it’s also the aptly named Killing Curse, and it does just that: instant death for anyone it hits. It can be yours if you want it. Here’s our Hogwarts Legacy Avada Kedavra guide to help you get this Unforgivable Curse as part of In the Shadow of the Relic.
Note: For more information, check out our Hogwarts Legacy guides and features hub. Likewise, please be reminded that this guide contains spoilers.
Hogwarts Legacy guide – How to get Avada Kedavra, the Killing Curse (In the Shadow of the Relic)
To get Avada Kedavra in Hogwarts Legacy, you’ll need to have completed all quests related to Sebastian Sallow. This includes the following:
- The quests where you learned new spells like Confringo, Crucio, and Imperio.
- Other quests where you simply assisted him or advanced the plot.
- Relationship/conversation quests where you simply talked to each other about his plans to save his sister Anne.
- You should also complete a couple of main quests after Niamh Fitzgerald’s Trial. Once you get to the tail-end of the campaign (i.e., San Bakar’s Trial pops up), In the Shadow of the Relic should also appear.
- If certain quests aren’t appearing, you may need to check your Owl Post to see if you missed any messages.
So, what exactly can you expect in the Hogwarts Legacy quest for Avada Kedavra? Well, you’ll return to Feldcroft Catacomb, the same place where you learned Imperio. Now, you’ll see that the place is crawling with Inferi. They’re vulnerable to fire damage, so make sure you’re using Confringo and Incendio.
Head all the way to the chamber where Sebastian taught you the spell, and you’ll notice a new passageway. There’s a skeleton bridge puzzle here, so just pop Accio/Wingardium Leviosa to bring the bones close to the torches.
Solomon Sallow boss fight
Talk to Sebastian in the next room, and the two of you will be attacked by his uncle, Solomon Sallow. This is a boss fight, and one of the tougher ones in the game:
- Solomon casts a variety of magic, and he’ll use shields with different colors, too.
- His ultimate attack is a flame tornado which is only cast when he’s down to a third of his HP.
- Inferi will continuously spawn throughout the fight. Don’t focus on them too much since Solomon is still your main target.
- Ideally, you’ll want to blast Solomon with Ancient Magic and Ancient Magic Throw, all while popping Incendio (with the mastery talent) or Confringo if Inferi get too close. You may also build up your Ancient Magic meter via your normal attack combos.
Eventually, you’ll finish the Solomon boss fight in Hogwarts Legacy, but it’s Sebastian who hits him with Avada Kedavra. A distraught Anne stuns her twin before disapparating from the area.
Do you want to learn Avada Kedavra?
Sebastian will run back to the entrance of the tomb, so just follow him. Outside, he’ll ask a couple of questions. Choose the following responses to learn the Hogwarts Legacy Avada Kedavra Unforgivable Curse:
- “Everyone should know that curse.”
- “Yes please.”
Sebastian will teach you the pattern which, fittingly enough, is reminiscent of Harry Potter’s lightning bolt scar. This completes the In the Shadow of the Relic quest. Wait, so is the Hogwarts Legacy Avada Kedavra spell that awesome? Yes, it is. Just like in the novels and movies, it’s a one-hit kill ability. Any target, including elites and high-level opponents, will die instantly. Even better, choosing certain talents also ensures that the Killing Curse will put an end to other cursed targets that you’re fighting.
Hogwarts Legacy is available via Steam.