Screenshot by PC Invasion
There are several Beasts that you can encounter in Hogwarts Legacy. One of these is the Kneazle, which is basically a cat, and you know that cats are awesome. Here’s our guide to help you capture and tame a Kneazle in Hogwarts Legacy so you can have so many cats in your Vivarium.
Note: For more information, check out our Hogwarts Legacy guides and features hub.
Hogwarts Legacy guide: How to capture and tame a Kneazle Beast
The Hogwarts Legacy Kneazle Beast can be found in several locations. But do make sure that you’ve progressed a bit further in the campaign to complete a quest called The Elf, the Nab-sack, and the Loom. This will unlock the Beast taming mechanic.
- Hogwarts Valley: Brocburrow – If you zoom out on the world map, you’ll see a region called Hogwarts Valley. The northeastern portion has a hamlet called Brocburrow, and there’s a Kneazle den in the woods nearby.
- South Sea Bog/Coastal Cavern – Further south of that, you’ll see an area called the Coastal Cavern. There’s another den here that’s close to the swamp. This location also has a mountain tunnel that lets you reach the southern half of the world map.
- Marunweem Lake: Marunweem Ruins – Speaking of going through the mountain tunnel, you could do just that. You’ll end up in Poidsear Coast, and Marunweem Lake is just to the east. Head over there and check the southern shores of the lake to find another Hogwarts Legacy Kneazle location.
In any case, assuming you already have the Nab-sack, you can go ahead and visit the Kneazle lair. Here are some additional tips:
- Cast Disillusionment so you can sneak closer to the animals.
- Use Levioso to temporarily immobilize a Kneazle.
- Cast the Nab-Sack and press the ‘F key’ whenever you see the prompt.
- Each den has around three Kneazles, so you can acquire a bunch of fluffy felines in a short span of time. Don’t forget to pet them and give them treats to obtain the Kneazle Fur material.
- Happiness is cats.
Hogwarts Legacy is available via Steam.