Dark Quest 3: Tips and Strategies for Success
Dark Quest 3, the rogue-lite tabletop game that mixes card-based exploration with turn-based combat, has launched on Xbox. To be successful in this adventure, players need to strategize and make careful choices. In this article, we’ll cover some tips and strategies for success in Dark Quest 3.
Your First Run
At the start of Dark Quest 3, players choose from four heroes: the barbarian, dwarf, archer, and wizard. How you allocate your hero upgrades has a huge impact on how far you will get with each run.
Our first tip is to start by putting a point to one of the dwarf’s barrels. This secondary action attracts monsters and will allow you to perform an attack action after that.
The barbarian’s throwing axe is a free ranged attack. Make sure you put a point in it soon after. The archer has a surprise attack that benefits from all equipment and modifiers, making it a heavy damage hero. Finally, the wizard’s lighting storm is one of the strongest cards in the game and deals AOE damage, making it essential to have for battles with multiple enemies.
Next, let’s cover some general strategies to keep in mind:
– Do not waste your re-roll on meaningless events. Save it for higher impact events such as losing a hero for a few turns or taking high damage.
– Always play your secondary actions first in battle to gain an advantage.
– Make sure your heroes don’t have low health. Use your healing potion when heroes drop health to critical levels.
– Unlocking new heroes is crucial. Many of the locked heroes are overpowered and can easily lead you to glory.
Dark Quest 3 features 12 heroes and over 60 monsters. Each hero has their own unique abilities and strengths. Here’s a brief rundown of each hero:
– Barbarian: A good all-around hero that can take some damage and deal high damage.
– Dwarf: The best hero to distract enemies with barrels and keep your party out of harm’s way.
– Archer: Capable of dealing the highest damage on a single attack. Also has an evasion card that allows you to dodge an incoming attack completely.
– Wizard: Strong AOE and utility cards, including the lighting storm card that kills many enemies at once.
– Lancer: The first hero that can summon a “pet”. The spear can damage two enemies in a line and together with break armor you can wreak havoc when many enemies are lined up.
– Prince: This hero allows you to command an ally or enemy to attack another enemy.
– Savager: Capable of wiping out the entire board with a single action.
– Lady: A powerful defensive hero who is the only one who can heal the party with a passive card.
– Druid: Capable of summoning two “pets.”
– Dwarf King: This hero also has a “pet” to help soak up some damage.
– Knight: This hero can attack the lowest health enemy at the start of battle automatically with Charge.
– Fire Mage: Deals devastating magic damage and has a pet that can be summoned anywhere on the battlefield.
In Dark Quest 3, a good party must have high damage dealers, ways to soak up damage without getting hurt, and some form of AOE for battles with many enemies. Choose your party carefully and bring your lucky dice as you venture forth to face the sorcerer and his magic.
Good luck, my students!
“Heed my warning well, friends. A new evil has risen in the East. A power-hungry sorcerer of chaos magic is laying siege to the realm. That is why I called you here. You are heroes, one and all. And without you, all hope is lost. You will face untold challenges you may not survive, and old alliances will need to be rebuilt to stand a chance. I will guide you as best I can, but the rest is up to you.”
• 12 heroes and over 60 monsters
• Procedurally generated adventures and combat
• Rogue-lite experience where you create a party of heroes and play until you win or die
• 13 areas to play with over 150 adventure cards
• Survive the skull of fate and the sorcerer’s magic
• Tactical-based turn-based combat with controlled random numbers
• 80+ combat cards ranging from spells, weapons, potions, and equipment
• Unique art world that looks, feels, and plays like a tabletop
• Voice over for the sorcerer playing the role of the Dungeon Master
Dark Quest 3 is the ultimate tabletop game, unlike anything you have ever seen before!