Learn how to complete the Secret of the Spring side quest in Fractured Peaks zone in Diablo 4 without wasting time and frustration.
Players have been struggling to finish this side quest as the game does not provide much guidance on how to proceed, adding unnecessary frustration and confusion. To make things worse, players are required to grasp some of the Diablo 4 UI mechanisms in order to reveal the underground chest.
Recommended Read: How to Cheer at the Training Militia in Diablo 4
How to complete Secret of the Spring in Diablo 4
If you’re tired of being stuck on this difficult side quest, follow the steps below to complete it without any issues:
- After accepting the quest, travel down the stairs located right above the Discarded Note.
- Continue to head northeast until the river splits in two.
- Instead of heading right or left, keep going north.
- Stop when you reach the small pond marked with an easily distinguishable blue circle on the map.
- Press “E” to open the emote wheel, then click on “Customize” button.
- In the new window that pops up on the right side of the screen, scroll down to the “Emotes” tab to locate the “Wait” emote.
- Select the “Wait” emote and then choose an open slot in the emote wheel below.
- Save the changes by using the “Save Changes” button.
- Close the emotes menu.
- Press “E” to re-open the emote wheel and use the “Wait” emote in front of the pond.
- A Buried Chest will appear above the pond—this means the quest is complete.
- Walk up to the Buried Chest and click on it to collect your rewards.
The riddle could be confusing enough but the most frustrating thing is the “Wait” emote isn’t included in the default list of emotes for players, and it has to be manually added before proceeding.
Now that you have successfully completed the Secret of the Spring side quest, be sure to share your completion times and tips with other players below.