Shrines have always been a significant aspect of the Diablo series, and they make a return in Diablo 4. These shrines offer buffs that can be quite beneficial, providing advantages such as increased critical damage, higher attack speed, and even temporary invulnerability. While you cannot choose the specific effects you receive from a shrine, it is still helpful to know which shrines provide what buffs.
All Shrines in Diablo 4 & their Effects
When you interact with a shrine, you will receive a unique buff based on the specific shrine you used. This effect lasts for 30 seconds, and each shrine guarantees an additional movement speed increase. You can extend the movement speed buff by changing your gear or using Elixirs.
Here are the seven main shrines in Diablo 4 and their effects:
- Artillery Shrine
- Provides an increased Attack Speed buff. Your character even shoots holy arrows while under this shrine’s effect.
- Blast Wave Shrine
- Grants an AoE (Area of Effect) buff that causes random explosions every few seconds, damaging enemies within range.
- Channeling Shrine
- Considered one of the best shrines, this shrine allows your skills to be used without consuming mana and greatly reduces their cooldowns. You can spam your skills freely for the next 30 seconds.
- Conduit Shrine
- Transforms your character into a ball of lightning. Each time you pass an enemy, you will damage them.
- Greed Shrine
- Attacking enemies causes them to drop gold. The larger the enemy, the more hits required, resulting in more gold for you to collect.
- Lethal Shrine
- Increases the damage of your skills by enabling critical attacks.
- Protection Shrine
- Possibly the best shrine, as it grants temporary invincibility for 30 seconds. You will not take any damage during this time, and it will also remove any existing status effects.
How Emote Shrines (Faded Plaque) Work in Diablo 4
Emote shrines are unique shrines that provide buffs, but only if you solve their riddles by using the correct emote.
- Go to the Shrine Statue and interact with it.
- You will be presented with a puzzling text, such as “GREET…Death…open arms…”
- Open your Emote wheel.
- Use the appropriate emote that corresponds to the puzzle. In the example above, you would use the Hello emote.
- Correctly solving the Faded Plaque shrine will grant you a minor buff.
That wraps up how the shrines and their buff effects work in Diablo 4. For more helpful content on this game, be sure to check out our Diablo 4 section.