MGP Tips for Make It Rain: Basic Overview
To maximize your MGP earnings during the Make It Rain event, it’s important to focus on three key activities: The Cactpots, The Challenge Log’s Gold Saucer entries, and Fashion Report. By completing these tasks, you can make the most of the weekly Gold Saucer challenges. However, before you begin, there is one crucial requirement: Jackpot II. This Free Company action boosts your MGP earnings by 10%, allowing you to take full advantage of the event. Make sure your Free Company is at rank 8 to purchase this action for 6,020 credits. It can be acquired from the OIC Quartermaster at your Grand Company. Additionally, ensure that someone in your Free Company can activate the action. With Jackpot II in place, let’s dive into the MGP farming tips for Make It Rain.
Make It Rain Best MGP Farming Tips: The Quick and Easy
- Mini Cactpot: Purchase three Mini Cactpot tickets each day from the Mini Cactpot Broker at the Entrance Square Counter (6.5, 5.6). While the individual amounts may be small, they add up over time.
- Jumbo Cactpot: Every week, purchase three tickets for the Jumbo Cactpot lottery from the Jumbo Cactpot Broker (8.5, 5.9) on the top floor of Event Square. The drawing takes place on Saturdays at 3 PM EST on the North American Data Centers. Even if you don’t win, you’ll receive a decent consolation prize.
- Fashion Report: Visit Masked Rose (7.2, 7.3) in Wonder Square to participate in the weekly fashion challenge. This challenge evaluates your style based on a specific theme. To maximize your earnings, wait until Friday for a detailed guide posted by a Reddit user. This guide provides step-by-step instructions for achieving a high score and earning nearly 100,000 MGP.
- Lord Verminion: Located upstairs in Minion Square, you can complete three Challenge Log entries by playing this game once, three times, and five times. Choose the fourth mission, “Little Big Beast,” and send your strongest minions to defeat the Gobbue. Repeat this process four times to complete the entries.
- Triple Triad: To complete all three Challenge Log entries at once, challenge Wyra “Greenhands” Lyehga in the Battlehall. By winning 10 matches against Wyra, you can earn a higher MGP payout. Alternatively, you can play against a friend in the Battlehall, as challenging another player has no fee to start playing.
- Minigames: Play “Out On A Limb” (located upstairs outside of Minion Square) three times to maximize your earnings for these entries.
Make It Rain Best MGP Farming Tips: The Moderate
- GATEs: Similar to FATEs, GATEs are short minigames that spawn every 20 minutes in the Gold Saucer. The available games vary depending on the time. Here is a breakdown:
– On the hour: Air Force One, Cliffhanger, or Leap of Faith (Falling City of Nym map). These games require the least effort.
– 20 minutes: Any Way the Wind Blows, The Slice is Right, or Leap of Faith (The Fall of Belah’dia). These games offer a moderate level of challenge.
– 40 minutes: The Slice is Right, Air Force One, or Leap of Faith (Sylphstep). These games are more intense and can be quite challenging.
Chocobo Racing: Enter and win 20 separate Chocobo Races to complete this task. Each race takes around four minutes, so plan on spending approximately an hour and twenty minutes on this activity.
Triple Triad Open Tournament: Participate in this rotating rules tournament with pre-set cards and the possibility of playing against real players. The tournament occurs every two hours on the odd hour, and you’ll earn 4,500 MGP just for participating. Make sure to unlock the tournament by speaking to the NPC at the Card Square desk. To maximize your time, consider queuing for racing between GATEs. You can easily find the nearest GATE by speaking to any of the Gate Keeper NPCs marked on your map.
The Time Sinks
While the following activities are not recommended due to the amount of time required, you may choose to pursue them if you’re still interested:
- Doman Mahjong: This activity offers a Challenge Log entry if you complete two matches with three other real players. However, even with Quick Match selected, these matches can take a significant amount of time to finish.
- Chocobo Racing: Winning 10 races in Chocobo Racing may be easy if you’ve already invested time into maximizing your Chocobo’s potential. However, for those who haven’t dedicated much time to this minigame, it may require numerous races to achieve the goal.
Now that you’re familiar with the best MGP farming tips for Make It Rain, it’s up to you to decide whether to continue grinding GATEs or pursuing other activities to earn the desired rewards.