Best Linear Fusion Rifles in Destiny 2 for PvE, PvP, and Gambit
Best Linear Fusion Rifles for PvE and Gambit
- Arbalest (Kinetic, Exotic) – Purchase from Exotic Kiosk.
- Cataclysmic (Power, Solar) – Possible drop from completing encounters in Vow of the Disciple Raid.
- Sleeper Simulant (Solar, Power, Exotic) – Purchase from Exotic Kiosk.
- Taipan (Power, Void) Obtained from Foundry Resonance quest.
- Stormchaser (Power, Arc) Possible drop from completing encounters in Duality Dungeon.
- Fire and Forget (Power, Stasis) Obtained from Season of the Seraph activities.
- Briar’s Contempt (Power, Solar) – Possible drop from completing encounters in Root of Nightmares Raid.
Linear fusion rifle options in Destiny 2 are limited, but there are still some viable choices. In PvE and Gambit, the best linear fusion rifles to consider are:
- Arbalest: This kinetic exotic fusion rifle can be purchased from the Exotic Kiosk. It offers reliable damage against enemies.
- Cataclysmic: This solar power fusion rifle is a possible drop from encounters in the Vow of the Disciple Raid. It is a strong option for DPS phases against bosses like Oryx.
- Sleeper Simulant: Available for purchase from the Exotic Kiosk, this solar power fusion rifle is another great choice for PvE encounters.
- Taipan: Obtained by completing the Foundry Resonance quest, this void power fusion rifle is a solid alternative if Cataclysmic is not available.
- Stormchaser: There is a chance to obtain this arc power fusion rifle by completing encounters in the Duality Dungeon.
- Fire and Forget: This stasis power fusion rifle can be obtained from Season of the Seraph activities.
- Briar’s Contempt: While this solar power fusion rifle can be obtained as a drop from encounters in the Root of Nightmares Raid, it is particularly effective against Tormentors and Lucent Hive in the Ghosts of the Deep Dungeon.
The Lightfall DLC has brought nerfs to linear fusion rifles, but they still have their uses in certain fights, such as Oryx from the King’s Fall Raid. The Briar’s Contempt from the Root of Nightmares Raid has become a staple weapon in the Ghosts of the Deep Dungeon due to its increased damage against specific enemy types.
If you don’t have access to Cataclysmic, the Taipan acquired through the Foundry Resonance quest is a reliable alternative. Despite the changes, linear fusion rifles can still be effective in PvE and Gambit gameplay.
Best Linear Fusion Rifles for PvP: Lorentz Driver & Arbalest
In PvP, linear fusion rifles are generally outclassed by sniper rifles and other weapon options that require power ammo. However, there are two exceptions to consider: Arbalest and Lorentz Driver.
Arbalest is a kinetic energy fusion rifle that uses special ammo instead of power. While sniper rifles are still the preferred choice due to their lack of charge time, Arbalest remains a powerful weapon. Its accuracy allows for easy elimination of unshielded opponents, making it a suitable alternative for players who are not comfortable using traditional sniper rifles.
Lorentz Driver, despite having its wall-hacking capabilities nerfed, is still a formidable linear fusion rifle that grows more powerful with each kill.
These are the best linear fusion rifles for PvP in Destiny 2:
- Lorentz Driver
While linear fusion rifles may not be the top choice for PvP, Lorentz Driver and Arbalest offer unique advantages that can make them effective in skilled hands.
That wraps up our guide to the best linear fusion rifles in Destiny 2 for PvE, PvP, and Gambit in 2023. For more tips and information on Destiny 2-related content, be sure to search for Twinfinite.