The highly anticipated action-adventure game, The Lords of the Rings: Gollum, faced numerous issues upon its release in May. Many players found it difficult to progress through the game due to these problems. However, developer Daedalic Entertainment has released a new patch for the PC version of the game, which aims to address many of these issues. While it’s unclear if these changes will also be implemented in the console versions of the game, Game Informer has reached out to Daedalic for clarification.
PC Patch Details
The patch, which is now live on the Gollum Steam page, includes a comprehensive list of changes made specifically for the PC version. These changes tackle a range of issues, including quest marker disappearance, non-interactable objects, and bugs in the checkpoint system. The patch also addresses more specific issues, such as fixing the Bell in “Thranduil’s Halls – Cellars” and resolving a conditional blocker in the tower of light. A complete list of changes can be found below.
Complete Patch Notes:
- Adjusted DLSS default mode from “off” to “auto” to improve performance.
- Resolved bug where parts of the environment were missing.
- Fixed issue with disappearing quest markers after continuing from the main menu.
- Fixed problem where interactable objects became non-interactable after restarting.
- Fixed various bugs in the checkpoint system to enhance stability.
- Corrected the Bird losing player’s chosen color in the breeding mission.
- Fixed placement issue with the Bell in “Thranduil’s Halls – Cellars”.
- Resolved malfunctioning interactable object in “Thranduil’s Halls – Cellars”.
- Fixed conditional blocker causing Gollum to die during beetle conflict restart.
- Fixed unresponsive situation with the Pause Menu overlapping Game Over screen.
- Addressed issue of losing mouse focus when opening settings.
And many more…
This patch comes as a response to the community’s feedback and follows an earlier apology from Daedalic Entertainment regarding the game’s issues. While it’s still uncertain whether this patch completely resolves all the performance problems, it is undoubtedly a positive step towards improving the overall gaming experience. For more information about The Lord of the Rings: Gollum, you can check out Game Informer’s review. If you’ve had a chance to play the game, we’d love to hear about your performance experiences in the comments below!