Blasphemous 2: A New Adventure Begins
Proceed with caution, sinner. The below contains spoilers for both Blasphemous and the free Wounds of Eventide DLC. If you are not ready to pay your penance just yet, look away now.
With launch day for Blasphemous 2 finally upon us, we wanted to take just a second to look back at the events that unfurled in the original game, bringing us to the precipice of a new adventure, where you will join The Penitent One once again as he is displaced from his final resting place and thrust back into an endless cycle of life, death, and resurrection. A cycle he must end at all costs.
Uncovering the Story of Blasphemous
Set in Cvstodia, the original Blasphemous follows our protagonist, The Penitent One, as the sole survivor of the Massacre of the Silent Sorrow. With death shadowing his every step and the land of Cvstodia breaking under the weight of a malevolent curse, known only as The Miracle, it falls to him to save the world from a fate far worse than death.
Vowed to silence for eternity and armed with Mea Culpa, the Sword of Guilt, The Penitent One traverses an unforgiving and hostile land, searching for a way to fulfill his penance while putting an end to the pain and misery The Miracle inflicts. Along the way, he slays grotesque beasts and inhuman monstrosities, freeing tortured souls from eternal torment.
The True Ending and Wounds of Eventide DLC
In the “True Ending,” attained by completing the free Wounds of Eventide DLC released in 2021, it is revealed that there were not three visages watching over the miracle’s plans, but four. This fourth visage could see beyond the mortal world, into the Dream, where The Miracle’s true form was revealed.
A divine trinity, the High Wills, whose single-minded focus was to gain reverence and worship from the inhabitants of Cvstodia, feeding on their veneration to grow insurmountable power. Together with Crisanta of the Wrapped Agony, The Penitent One faces The High Wills, destroying them and their monstrous command over Cvstodia, banishing them from the world.
Blasphemous 2: The Penitent One’s Return
In Blasphemous 2, The Penitent One is reawakened, The Miracle has returned, and a new Child of The Miracle has been prophesied. Armed with three brand-new deadly weapons, each with their own unique attacks and abilities, The Penitent One must explore a perilous new world, unveiling long-forgotten secrets and reigning down fury upon any that stand in his way.
Featuring a fuller world to explore, scattered with grotesque landscapes oozing with baroque charm, and littered with traps and secrets to find, Blasphemous 2 picks up where the original ended, offering new ways to customize your playthrough and new scores to settle.
Blasphemous 2 Features:
- Explore a Non-Linear World: Overcome fearsome enemies and deadly traps as you venture through a variety of different landscapes, and search for redemption in the dark gothic world of Cvstodia.
- Brutal Combat: Release the power of Mea Culpa, a sword born from guilt itself, to slaughter your foes. Acquire devastating new combos and special moves as you purge all in your path.
- Customize Your Build: Discover and equip Relics, Rosary Beads, Prayers, and Sword Hearts to give you the new abilities and stat boosts you need to survive. Experiment with different combinations to suit your playstyle.
- Epic Boss Battles: Hordes of gigantic, twisted creatures stand between you and your goal. Learn how they move, survive their devastating attacks, and emerge victorious.
- Unlock the Mysteries of Cvstodia: The world is full of tormented souls. Some offer you aid, some may ask for something in return. Uncover the stories and fates of these tortured characters to gain rewards and a deeper understanding of the world.
Blasphemous 2 is now available on Xbox Series X|S, so brace yourself for an endless cycle of penance and prepare to face the terrors that await in this hauntingly beautiful world.