Why Is Your Walking Speed Slow in Starfield And How to Fix It
In the vast universe of Starfield, where you can explore numerous planets and star systems, walking slowly can become quite frustrating. It hinders your ability to complete missions, explore, scan minerals, and loot efficiently. If you find yourself moving at a snail’s pace, don’t worry, there is a simple fix for it. In this guide, we will explain how to increase your walking speed in Starfield and enjoy a smoother gaming experience.
How to Increase Walking Speed in Starfield (Fix Slow Walking)
- To return to your normal walking and running speed, all you need to do is press the Caps Lock Key on your keyboard. This will activate the Always-Run Setting and allow you to move at a faster pace.
Possible Reasons for Slow Walking
- If you are carrying too much weight and have become Over-Encumbered, the game will automatically slow down your walking speed. However, you can still choose to sprint, but be mindful of your CO2 consumption.
- If you have exceeded the item limit and your inventory is overflowing with items, you can alleviate this issue by utilizing your ship’s cargo space to store excess items. You can also sell the items you no longer need to free up space.
- Another solution is to ask your companions to carry some of your belongings, allowing you to move unhindered.
The Benefits of Slow Walking in Starfield
- Although slow walking can be frustrating, it also has its advantages. By turning off the Auto-Run option and moving stealthily, you can navigate through enemy territory without drawing attention.
- When you walk slowly, your footsteps are nearly silent, giving you the advantage of staying unnoticed.
- Additionally, slow walking is useful for pickpocketing, as it allows you to sneak up on unsuspecting targets without making a sound.
This guide has provided you with everything you need to know about the issue of slow walking in Starfield and how to resolve it. For more information and tips about Starfield, make sure to check out other helpful guides on Gamer Tweak.
Source: Gamer Tweak. Visit How To Fix Slow Walking In Starfield for more information.