Yanqing is a 5-star character from Honkai: Star Rail and just one of many 5-star characters available for you to recruit and use in some intense battles. Yanqing is an Ice Hunt character and specializes in single-target damage, making him an ideal pick for bosses with high HP pools. Yanqing also provides lots of buffs to himself, increasing his Crit Rate and Crit DMG thanks to his Skill and Ultimate. To make sure your Yanqing deals the most damage he can, you’ll want to equip him with some of the best Relics, Light Cones, and Eidolons. Here’s our guide for Yanqing’s best build in Honkai: Star Rail.
Yanqing’s best build in Honkai: Star Rail
Yanqing is a Hunt character, meaning he specializes in doing immense single-target damage. There are plenty of strong weapon choices out there for Yanqing, each providing necessary offensive stats to help Yanqing excel in his damage-dealing capabilities.
- Sleep Like the Dead is Yanqing’s best 5-star weapon. This weapon increases Yanqing’s Crit DMG by 30% and his Crit Rate by 36% when his Basic Attack or Skill does not result in a critical hit. The main benefit of this weapon is the 30% increase in Yanqing’s Crit DMG. Yanqing can increase his own Crit DMG and Crit Rate, and this weapon helps him reach higher thresholds of damage by stacking Crit buffs. In the Night is Seele’s signature weapon, and is also very good on Yanqing, but does not provide any Crit DMG.
- Cruising in the Stellar Sea is a free 5-star weapon accessible to all players who participate in the Simulated Universe. As a 5-star weapon, this weapon provides some overall superior stats and is easy to invest in thanks to the Simulated Universe. This weapon increases Yanqing’s Crit Rate by 16% and another 16% for enemies with less than or equal to 50% HP. This weapon also provides a strong 40% ATK buff after Yanqing defeats an enemy.
- Only Silence Remains is a strong 4-star option if you do not want to invest in Cruising in the Stellar Sea. It buffs Yanqing’s ATK by 16% and his Crit Rate by 12%.
Related: Honkai Star Rail: Best Yanqing Team Comps
Relics & Eidolons
- Yanqing’s best 4-piece Relic set is the Hunter of Glacial Forest set. This set increases the wearer’s Ice DMG by 10% and the user’s Crit DMG after using their Ultimate by 25%. The latter half of this set is actually quite unfortunate, as Yanqing’s damage is significantly loaded into his Ultimate. This means unless you can proc his Ultimate before the Crit DMG buff disappears, the 4-piece set might not be the most optimal option. Alternatively, you can use a 2-piece Hunter of Glacial Forest set and combine it with a 2-piece Musketeer of Wild Wheat set, which will provide a nonconditional 12% ATK buff.
- For his 2-piece set, you can use either the Celestial Differentiator set or the Inert Salsotto set based on what stats you need. If you do not have a lot of Crit Rate, we recommend using the latter. Otherwise, you can use the Celestial Differentiator set for more nuke damage.
- Yanqing is a 5-star character and is not a featured character, making his Eidolons difficult to roll for. It’s not recommended to roll for any of Yanqing’s Eidolons due to their rarity.
Honkai: Star Rail is available now.