The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Duplication Glitch Can Still Be Exploited After the Latest Patch
It’s not uncommon for newly released games to have bugs or glitches, and The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is no exception. Players have discovered a duplication glitch that can duplicate almost all in-game items, from Diamonds to Star Fragments. This allows players to quickly acquire all the materials, swords, shields, and bows they want. However, exploiting the glitch comes at a cost; it can destroy the game’s economy and reduce the overall fun offered by Tears of the Kingdom. Nonetheless, if you wish to learn how to duplicate items or acquire more stuff for Link, we’ll teach you how.
Recently, Nintendo released the first patch for The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, which aimed to “improve gameplay experience” and fix a bug related to a quest. However, even after the patch, the infinite item glitch still works. Players can still duplicate Diamonds and Sapphires and increase their wealth, but they can also clear “The Closed Door” quest without facing any problems.
Nintendo’s statement concerning “improving gameplay experience” initially worried some players that the duplication glitch exploit might get axed with the patch. However, players found out quickly after testing the game that the glitch works fine.
Compared to some of the glitches found in Breath of the Wild, the latest duplication glitch for Tears of the Kingdom is easy to pull off and lets you clone more than weapons. To perform the glitch, you need the item you wish to copy, one arrow, and two bows in your inventory. Here’s how you can do it:
- Get your bow ready
- Fuse the item you want to duplicate to the arrow with Fuse
- Pause the game and go to the bow menu
- Choose to drop your equipped bow but don’t unpause yet
- Select your other bow
- Quickly press Start to close and re-open the menu
- Drop the second bow you’ve equipped
- Close your inventory screen and pick up the dropped bows
If performed correctly, you should have managed to duplicate the item you initially wished to fuse.
Experts say that the timing on the pausing and unpausing is crucial, making this glitch a bit harder to pull off. But you don’t have to worry about losing the item you tried to duplicate if you failed. Even better, the glitch works anywhere and anytime and is not limited to any specific location in the game.
You must follow the steps mentioned above to use the glitch, but there are some additional inclusions in the steps if you want to get weapons instead of materials.
To get more weapons using the duplication glitch in Tears of the Kingdom:
- Open the pause menu
- Equip the bow, shield, or weapon you want to duplicate
- Create a manual save in the System menu
- Drop the item you want to copy through the inventory screen
- Select another item of the same type and equip it
- Pause and un-pause the game by hitting the Start (+) button twice
- Drop the weapon you currently have equipped
- Reload your manual save by going to System menu
- If you have successfully executed the glitch, you’ll find the duplicated weapon on the ground
Once you have mastered the glitch, you can duplicate almost any in-game item, from monster parts and rare gems to Zonai devices. For instance, if you can duplicate Diamonds, which cost 500 Rupees per piece, you might make enough money to buy a plot of land in Hyrule. If gems are not your thing, try getting more rare monster parts, such as Gibdo Bones or Black Horns, to improve your weapon’s strength.
It’s worth noting that Nintendo has always been quick to patch such issues in their first-party titles. Therefore, it’s no surprise that the glitch might get removed soon. So, for now, you still have time to max out your wealth and ruin Hyrule’s economy.