If you’re a fan of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom (TOTK), you probably know about the challenging Floating Ring Ruins area. Often considered one of the most difficult places to access, it can be quite the task to get there without a little help. Luckily, this guide will show you how to complete the Secret of the Ring Ruins and progress further in the game.
Prerequisites: Charged Set and the New Sky Island Thunderhead Isles
First, you’ll need to obtain the Charged Set and head to the new Sky Island Thunderhead Isles. Both of these objectives are part of the main quest to Find the Fifth Sage. Ensure that you’ve completed the Regional Phenomena Quest and talked to Purah. You’ll also need to unlock the camera.
Steps to Access Floating Ring Ruins
Once these prerequisites are checked off, follow the steps below to access the Floating Ring Ruins:
- Go to Kakariko Village and talk to Paya about the imposter Zelda to remove the restrictions of accessing the Ring Ruins.
- Use your Ascend ability to climb up and reach inside the Floating Ring Ruins.
- Take out your Purah Pad and capture a photo of the Zonai Slab.
- Show the photo to Tauro and meet the Zonai Survey Team at the base of the Popla Foothills Skyview Tower.
- Talk to Calip, find Tauro near Dracozu Lake, and receive clues about the Charged Set.
- You can find the Charged Set Shirt in the chest inside the same room.
- Follow the snake trail marked on the map to find the rest of the Charged Set: Charged Trousers at 0951, -2706, 0013, and Charged Headdress at 0985, -2829, 0013.
- Reach the tail of the snake (check the circle in the above map) and enter the room. Place a Zonai Charge on the Altar while wearing the Charged Set to trigger a cutscene that reveals the discovery of a new Sky Island.
- Fast travel to the Popla Foothills Skyview Tower, launch yourself up, and head to the Thunderhead Isles.
- Reach the Joku-u Shrine in the Thunderhead Isles, cut open the Vines, and enter the next room.
- Ensure you have at least ten hearts and interact with the green-hand Sigil to complete the Secret of the Ring Ruins quest objective.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully accessed the Floating Ring Ruins in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom (TOTK). If you’re looking for more tips and tricks, check out our guides on the best Master Sword Fusions, making the Hover Bike, and finding the Obsidian Frox Location.