Welcome back to your daily dose of Quordle hints! If you’re a fan of Wordle, you’ll want to check out Quordle’s newest game, which features four consecutive, interconnected puzzles. Today, we’ll be sharing our tips for Quordle game #486, and even throwing in some hints for the Daily Sequence. If you’re not ready to see the answers yet, don’t worry – we’ll let you know when to stop scrolling.
Before we dive into today’s hints, let’s introduce your Quordle expert: Marc McLaren, TechRadar’s UK Editor in Chief and avid Quordle and Wordle player since December 2021. Marc has authored numerous articles on the game and provided detailed analyses, including the most common letters in every position.
Now, onto the hints for Quordle game #486. Spoiler warning: if you want to figure out the answers yourself, skip to the next section.
Hint #1: Vowels
How many different vowels are in Quordle today?
• There are four different vowels in Quordle game #486, not including the letter Y.
Hint #2: Total Vowels
What is the total number of vowels in Quordle today?
• The total number of vowels in today’s Quordle answers is 8.
Hint #3: Repeated Letters
Do any of today’s Quordle answers contain repeated letters?
• Yes, two of today’s Quordle answers contain repeated letters.
Hint #4: Total Letters
How many different letters are used in Quordle today?
• Today’s Quordle game uses 13 different letters in total.
Hint #5: Uncommon Letters
Do the letters Q, Z, X, or J appear in Quordle today?
• No, none of the letters Q, Z, X, or J appear in today’s Quordle answers.
Hint #6: Starting Letters (1)
Do any of today’s Quordle puzzles start with the same letter?
• No, there are no Quordle answers in today’s game that start with the same letter.
Hint #7: Starting Letters (2)
What letters do today’s Quordle answers start with?
• A, P, C, and B.
Now, if you’re ready to see the answers, scroll down to the next section.
Quordle FAQs: Everything You Need to Know
If you’re new to Quordle, it’s a bit different from Wordle. Quordle offers four puzzles to solve simultaneously, with nine guesses instead of six. However, the rules are similar. The answers are the same for all players, and the game resets at midnight for a fresh challenge. You can find Quordle on the Quordle website or on the Merriam-Webster site, which purchased Quordle last year.
The rules for Quordle are nearly identical to those for Wordle:
1. If a letter in your guess is in the correct position, it turns green.
2. If a letter is in the answer but in a different position, it turns yellow.
3. If a letter is not in the answer, it turns gray.
4. Letters may turn green or yellow in different quadrants of the puzzle.
5. The answers are never plural.
6. Letters can appear more than once.
7. Each guess must be a valid word in Quordle’s dictionary.
8. You have nine guesses to solve four puzzles.
9. Complete each daily Quordle before midnight in your timezone.
To improve your strategy in Quordle, remember to use multiple starting words to maximize the use of common vowels and consonants.
Thanks for joining us on our daily dose of Quordle hints! Good luck solving today’s puzzles.