How to Defeat Eye of Terror in Don’t Starve Together
Eye of Terror is one of the crossover bosses added in the An Eye for An Eye update, inspired by the Eye of Cthulhu in Terraria. Although it’s considered one of the weaker bosses in Terraria, it can still pose a challenge in Don’t Starve Together if you’re not prepared. In this guide, we’ll show you how to defeat the Eye of Terror in Don’t Starve Together.
Table of Contents
- Preparing for the Battle
- Summoning the Eye of Terror
- Fighting the Eye of Terror
- Health and Spawn Details
Preparing for the Battle
Before you take on the Eye of Terror, it’s important to have the right preparations in place. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Weapons with full durability. A normal Spear won’t be enough, so it’s recommended to have better weapons to finish the fight in one night.
- 2-3 pieces of Log Armor or Football Helmets. You only need to wear one piece at a time, as the damage reduction doesn’t stack.
- Healing food such as Pierogi, Fishstick, Jerky, or Wobster Bisque to replenish your health during the battle.
- A Walking Cane to help you move quickly and evade the Eye of Terror’s attacks.
Summoning the Eye of Terror
To summon the Eye of Terror, you’ll need to find a Terrarium. Unlike other giants in the game, the Eye of Terror isn’t tied to a specific day or season. Here’s how to find and activate a Terrarium:
- Find a Conspicuous Chest spawn randomly in the Forest biomes. Look for it between the evil flower ring or in the area where Pig Torches and Guardian Pigs are.
- Open the Conspicuous Chest to trigger a random event. Depending on the chest’s location, different events will occur.
- Quickly loot the items inside the chest, especially the Terrarium. Time is of the essence, as bad things may happen if you take too long.
To activate the Terrarium, place it on the ground and right-click on it. If you activate it during the day or dusk, nothing will happen. However, if you activate it at night, the Eye of Terror will be summoned.
Fighting the Eye of Terror
The Eye of Terror has two fighting phases. Here’s how to defeat it:
- After summoning the Eye of Terror, you’ll have a few free hits before it uses a charge attack. Dodge the attack by running to the side and then move to the boss’s new location.
- In phase 1, you can attack the Eye of Terror around 5 times after each charge attack. Dodge its attacks and break any Eggs of Terror it spawns.
- Once the Eye of Terror enters its second phase, it will start doing 3-5 charge attacks and summoning 2 Eggs of Terror. Be careful to avoid its ground slam attack.
- Consider having a friend join the fight to help you deal with the Eggs of Terror while you focus on the boss. Use high-damage weapons to finish the battle more quickly.
Health and Spawn Details
In Don’t Starve Together, the Eye of Terror has 5,000 health points. It’s a bit harder to defeat compared to other giants in the game because of its two phases and ability to summon monsters. Using Tentacle Spikes or a Fresh Ham Bat can make the fight easier, as it will require fewer hits to defeat the boss.
The Eye of Terror can be summoned at any time by activating a Terrarium at night. It doesn’t have an exact spawn day, so you can actively trigger the battle whenever you’re ready.
If the Eye of Terror isn’t spawning when you activate a Terrarium, here are some troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure all players are gathered together in one place before activating the Terrarium.
- If you don’t see a light beam coming out of the Terrarium or can’t activate it, it’s possible that someone on the server has already used it to spawn and defeat the Eye of Terror. Wait for the Terrarium to recharge, which usually takes around 15 days in the game.
- If the Eye of Terror still won’t spawn naturally in your world, you can use the debug menu to spawn it manually. Press “~” on your keyboard to open the debug menu, then type “/c_spawn(‘eyeofterror’)” to spawn the Eye of Terror.