All Starfield Traits
In the game Starfield, your gameplay can be influenced by various factors, including the type of gear ship you use. One important aspect of the game is the Traits, which are optional character backgrounds that provide different effects to your character. You have the freedom to choose the Traits that align with your playstyle. To help you in your decision-making process, here is a list of the best Starfield Traits.
All Starfield Traits
Starfield Traits are customizable options that can alter your gameplay experience. Each Trait offers unique buffs and drawbacks, so it’s essential to consider if the tradeoffs are worth it. The great thing about Traits is that they are not mandatory; you can choose to start with a clean slate. Here are all the Starfield Traits available in the game:
- Alien DNA
- Dream Home
- Freestar Collective Settler
- Hero Worshipped
- Kid Stuff
- Neon Street Rat
- Raised Enlightened
- Raised Universal
- Serpent’s Embrace
- Terra Firma
- United Colonies Native
All the Best Starfield Traits for Starters
Choosing the right Traits is crucial as they can significantly impact your gameplay. While these Traits can be temporary, removing them can be a cumbersome process. To avoid unnecessary complications, it’s advisable to select Traits that you are least likely to replace. Here are the best Traits for beginners:
- Alien DNA: By volunteering for an experiment that combines your DNA with an alien, you gain additional HP points and oxygen. The drawback is that consuming healing items and food becomes less efficient. However, you can overcome this limitation later on by acquiring upgrades. Having extra oxygen from the start allows you to explore different environments for extended periods, which is crucial for exploration.
- Dream Home: If you enjoy customizing your house, this Trait is perfect for you. It grants you ownership of a large, luxurious house on a peaceful planet. However, there is a weekly fee of 500 credits to pay for a 125,000 credit mortgage. With this Trait, you can skip the grind of acquiring a new property and have a spacious home to freely decorate.
- Hero Worshipped: This Trait comes with a loyal “Adoring Fan” who will constantly visit you and engage in incessant dialogue. However, in exchange for tolerating the endless chats, the fan will give you helpful gifts. While the dialogue may be overwhelming, the presents can be advantageous. Just don’t expect to receive powerful weapons.
- Kid Stuff: With this Trait, your parents are alive and well, and you can visit them anytime in New Atlantis. The downside is that you have to send 2% of your earnings to them every week. At the beginning of the game, the benefits of this Trait may not be immediately apparent, and you may consider it a waste. However, as you progress and meet certain conditions, you’ll receive high-quality gifts from your parents, making this Trait worthwhile.
- Raised Enlightened: As a member of the Enlightened, you gain access to a chest filled with unique items in the House of the Enlightened in New Atlantis. However, by choosing this Trait, you will no longer have access to the Sanctum Universum chest and cannot select other religious traits.
- Raised Universal: As a member of the Universal, you gain access to a chest filled with unique items in the Sanctum Universum in New Atlantis. However, choosing this Trait means you can no longer access the House of the Enlightened chest or choose other religious traits.
Note: Selecting Enlightened or Universal does not have any significant impact other than preventing you from choosing another religious trait.
- Introvert: If you prefer exploring alone, this Trait is for you. When exploring solo, you consume less oxygen. However, when you embark on quests with companions, your oxygen consumption increases.
- Extrovert: If you enjoy exploring with companions, this Trait suits you. When you have a companion by your side, you spend less oxygen. However, when you are alone, your oxygen replenishes faster.
Note: You can only choose either Introvert or Extrovert, as selecting one removes the other as an option.
- Wanted: With this Trait, you deal more damage when your health is low. However, mercenaries will constantly be on your trail, trying to claim your bounty. The tradeoff between these two aspects is relatively insignificant because the advantage of dealing extra damage when low on health outweighs the risk of being pursued. If you prefer constant action in Starfield, eliminating the invading mercenaries can be a rewarding practice.
- Freestar Collective Settler: This allegiance Trait allows you to become a member of the Free Star Collective, providing better missions and rewards. However, your bounty from other factions will significantly increase.
- Neon Street Rat: By selecting this allegiance Trait, you can join the Neon Street Rats and gain access to improved missions and rewards. However, your bounty from other factions will significantly increase. Neon is a region in Volii Alpha, home to the Ryujin Industries. Building a relationship with this group will earn you favor with the tech giant.
- United Colonies Native: This allegiance Trait enables you to become a member of the United Colonies, granting access to superior missions and rewards. However, your bounty from other factions will significantly increase. The United Colonies possess one of the most formidable military forces in the galaxy, ensuring your safety.
Note: You can only choose one Allegiance Trait at a time.
How to Remove Traits
It is possible to remove Traits, but the process varies depending on the specific Trait. Some Traits can be removed by visiting the medical bay and paying a significant price, while others require interacting with specific NPCs to eliminate a particular characteristic.