New Xbox Update Preview Coming to Alpha Skip-Ahead Ring
We have an exciting announcement for Xbox Insiders! A new Xbox Update Preview is rolling out to the Alpha Skip-Ahead ring. While some of the updates may not be noticeable in the user interface, they focus on background improvements to ensure a high-quality and stable build for Xbox consoles.
As always, we want to keep our users informed about upcoming updates. Even when the changes to the UI are minimal, we provide release notes so you know what to expect on your device. Read below for more details!
System Update Details
- OS version released: RS_XBOX_DEV_FLIGHT25962.1002.230927-2000
- Available: 2 p.m. PT – September 29, 2023
- Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – September 30, 2023
Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this build:
- Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console.
- Note: Users participating in Preview may see “odd” text across the console, for more information go here.
We understand that some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. Rest assured that these issues are not being ignored, but they may require additional time for our engineers to find a solution.
- We are aware that Magnifier may not behave as expected when playing certain titles, and we are actively working on a fix.
- We have received reports of users experiencing intermittent issues with audio across the dashboard, games, and apps.
- Note: If you experience audio issues, please submit feedback via Report a Problem immediately with the “Reproduce with advanced diagnostics” option, then select the category “Console experiences” and “Console Audio Output Issues”.
- When reporting the issue, please include as much information as possible, such as when the issue started, whether you lost audio in the game/app or system audio as well, whether changing the audio format resolved the issue, and details about your setup.
Keyboard Button Mapping for Xbox Controllers
- If you change your keyboard language settings while the Xbox Accessories app is open, the change will be reflected after quitting the app or rebooting your console.
- We are aware that recently installed titles may wrap to a second row unexpectedly, and we are working on a fix.
- We are investigating reports of an issue where the console may not connect to the network as expected on boot. If you experience this, please report the issue via Report a Problem as soon as possible.
- Workaround: Wait a minute for the connection to establish. If your console still hasn’t connected, restart your Xbox from the Power Center by holding the Xbox button > Restart console > Restart.
Make sure to use Report a problem to keep us informed of any issues you encounter. We may not be able to respond to everyone individually, but the data we gather from your reports is crucial for finding a resolution.
If you’re an Xbox Insider in need of support, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the community subreddit. Here, you can find assistance from official Xbox staff, moderators, and fellow Xbox Insiders who are always ready to address your concerns.
Before creating a new post, we recommend browsing through the most recent posts to see if someone else has already addressed the same issue. By adding to existing threads, you help us support you better! And don’t forget to use “Report a problem” before posting as it provides valuable information that helps us understand your issue.
Thank you to every Xbox Insider on the subreddit. We appreciate the welcoming and community-driven environment that has been created, fostering valuable conversations and support.
For more information about the Xbox Insider Program, follow us on Twitter. Stay tuned for future Xbox Insider Release Notes to stay updated on the latest information about your Xbox Update Preview ring!