How to View Enemy Ship Designs in Stellaris
Are you looking to create the perfect ships to counter your opponents in Stellaris? Instead of guessing what your opponents are using and designing your ships accordingly, a more sensible approach would be to learn how to view enemy ship designs.
Understanding the strengths and weaknesses of each ship component can provide invaluable information during wartime.
This guide will teach you how to access and customize your ships based on the ship designs of your enemies, allowing you to gain a strategic advantage.
Table of Contents
How to See Enemy Ship Designs in Stellaris
In higher game difficulties, the AI in Stellaris is a formidable opponent with enhanced intelligence and increased damage output. Creating generic ship designs that work in lower difficulties won’t be as effective in higher difficulties.
To counter your enemies and prevent your empire from being overrun, you’ll need to create custom ship designs tailored to their weaknesses.
While you could engage in battles and analyze the after-action report to evaluate the performance of your ships, this approach is both economically and tactically flawed.
A more sensible option is to view your enemies’ ship designs and make strategic adjustments to your own. By reading the tooltips on your enemies’ ship components, you can gather valuable information on which weapons counter their setups.
However, before you can view enemy ship designs, two conditions must be met. First, the ships you want to view must be within your sensor range so that they are visible to you. Second, your intel value must be medium or above (an intel score of 60 or higher).
Gathering Intel on Enemy Empires
Increasing your intel level on other empires is crucial to unlock the ability to view their ship designs. Here are some tips on how to gather intel:
- Establish diplomatic pacts to increase your intel level.
- Construct the Sentry Array Megastructure.
- Use envoys to build spy networks.
- Invest in Bureaucracy technology.
- Utilize edicts.
- Achieve a high code-breaking score.
Building intel is a long-term endeavor and requires consistent effort. It’s a marathon, not a sprint, to cultivate a high intelligence score with any empire, whether friend or foe.
Viewing Ship Details
If you have a high enough intel score and can see the fleet you want to inspect, you can access the ship details of the target fleet.
To do this:
- Select the fleet you wish to inspect to bring up the fleet details menu in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen. This menu provides information about the fleet, including its composition and stance.
- Navigate to the specific ship within the fleet that you want to examine and select the ship details button next to it (depicted as a spaceship with a magnifying glass icon).
- If your intel score is insufficient, the ship details button will be grayed out and inaccessible.
- If your intel score meets the requirements, clicking the ship details button will open a screen displaying comprehensive information about the selected ship, including weapon components, defense components, utility upgrades, hit points, speed, and the ship’s rank.
Having access to enemy ship designs is only the first step. Wise Stellaris players can leverage this information to gain a significant advantage in future battles.
However, be aware that when playing against human opponents, they may employ the same tactic against you, so prepare for counters to your own designs.
By following these steps, you can successfully view enemy ship designs in Stellaris. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding this guide, feel free to share them in the comments section below. Enjoy gathering intel and customizing your fleet to outmaneuver your enemies in Stellaris!