Borderlands 3 Ultimate Edition Receives Significant Update on Nintendo Switch
If there weren’t enough updates going live today, we’ve now also got one for Borderlands 3: Ultimate Edition, which finally made its debut on the Switch last month.
Early tests suggest it’s made some significant improvements. According to the team, the performance in the game has been further optimized and there’s even been some texture improvements. In general, it is mostly “quality-of-life” changes.
Today we will release an update for Borderlands 3 Ultimate Edition on Nintendo Switch, which will be live by 12:00 PM PT. Note that these updates only apply to Borderlands 3 Ultimate Edition on Nintendo Switch; to see the most up-to-date notes for Borderlands 3 on other platforms, please refer to the dedicated Borderlands 3 Update Notes page.
This update addresses many quality-of-life changes, but we wanted to specifically call out some specific changes we’ve made based on reported community concerns.
Key Improvements in the November 20, 2023 Update:
- Stability updates addressing various reported crashes
- Updated missions to prevent progression blockers
- Adjustment of map geometry in many areas
- Increase in texture quality for various assets
- Corrections to Vault Hunter skins and head availability
- Fixes for anointment issues related to certain characters’ skills
- Various bug fixes for missions and enemy encounters
- Optimizations for performance and visual enhancements
- Redistribution of certain in-game items
If you have tried out this update for Borderlands 3, let us know if you’ve noticed any improvements in the Switch version.