After several months of speculation, Sony Interactive Entertainment and Naughty Dog have officially revealed the launch of The Last of Us Part 2 Remastered set to be released on January 19, 2024, exclusively for PS5. The remastered version includes technological enhancements, new game modes, and additional features. Existing owners of the PS4 version can avail of a $10 upgrade offer and have the option to import their saves.
Benefits of The Last of Us Part 2 Remastered
Here’s a brief overview of what you can expect from TLOU2 Remastered:
- Roguelike survival mode called No Return – Players will get to choose from various characters and embark on stealth and combat-filled runs with unique twists, rewards, unlockable characters and skins, customizable runs, and a global leaderboard for competition.
- Guitar Free Play mode – An expanded version of the guitar play in the original title, providing unlockable instruments, options for using audio FX pedals, and the ability to play the guitar as different characters in multiple in-game locations.
- Lost Levels – Playable sequences that were cut from the original release, accompanied by developer commentary.
- Director’s commentary – Players will have the opportunity to hear directly from the game’s key creative minds and main cast members throughout the game’s cutscenes.
- Technological improvements – TLOU2 Remastered supports native 4K output in Fidelity Mode, 1440p upscaled to 4K in Performance Mode, and provides an option to unlock the frame rate for compatible displays, in addition to faster loading times and integration of the DualSense’s haptic feedback and adaptive triggers.
- Accessibility options – New options such as Descriptive Audio and Speech to Vibrations have been included.
- W.L.F. Edition – A special edition for new buyers, featuring a steelbook, four enamel pins, a Washington Liberation Front patch, and 47 Society of Champions trading cards.