Hello Xbox Insiders! We have an exciting new Xbox Update Preview coming to the Alpha Skip-Ahead ring. It’s important to note that some updates made in these preview OS builds include background improvements that ensure a high-quality and stable build for Xbox consoles.
Even if the noticeable changes to the UI are minimal, we continue to provide these release notes so that you are informed when updates are coming to your device. Check out the details below!
System Update Details:
- OS version released: RS_XBOX_DEV_FLIGHT25982.1001.231023-2000
- Available: 2 p.m. PT – October 25, 2023
- Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – October 26, 2023
New Features and Experiences
We have exciting news! Alpha Skip-Ahead users can expect something new coming to their Xbox Update Preview.
Notifications – Store
With today’s update, we’re introducing a new wish list notification type for “Wish list item Free Play Days”. This means you will receive notifications when games on your wish list are available to play during Xbox Free Play Days. You can customize if and how you receive these notifications by navigating to Settings > Preferences > Notifications > Xbox notifications > Store.
Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are pleased to announce that the following fixes have been implemented for this build:
My Games & Apps
- Fixed an issue where some users were unable to install games as expected from the game management page.
- Various updates have been made to properly reflect local languages across the console.
- Note: Users participating in Preview may see “odd” text across the console, for more information go here.
We understand that some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. We want to assure you that these issues are not being ignored, but it may take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution.
- We have received reports of users experiencing intermittent issues with audio across the dashboard, games, and apps. If you have encountered these issues, make sure you have the latest firmware updates for your TV and other equipment. If you’re unsure, consider contacting the manufacturer for assistance.
- Note: If you continue to experience issues after applying the latest firmware updates, please submit feedback via Report a Problem immediately with the “Reproduce with advanced diagnostics” option, then select the category “Console experiences” and “Console Audio Output Issues”. Include as much information as possible, such as when the issue started, whether you lost audio only in the game/app or system audio as well, whether changing the audio format resolved the issue, whether rebooting resolved the issue, your setup details (equipment, layout, etc.), and any additional information that can help reproduce the problem.
- We have received reports of issues with in-game party management in some titles, and we are currently investigating.
- We are investigating reports of an issue where the console may not connect to the network as expected on boot. If you encounter this issue, please report it via Report a Problem as soon as possible.
Remember to use Report a problem to keep us informed about your issue. While we may not be able to respond to everyone individually, the data we gather is crucial for finding a resolution.
If you are an Xbox Insider seeking support, please reach out to the community subreddit. The official Xbox staff, moderators, and fellow Xbox Insiders are there to assist you with your concerns.
Before posting to the subreddit, we suggest checking the most recent posts to see if your issue has already been addressed. It’s always recommended to contribute to existing threads about the same issue before creating a new one. This helps us provide the best support possible! Don’t forget to use “Report a problem” before posting, as the information shared in both places helps us better understand your issue.
We greatly appreciate every Xbox Insider in the subreddit today. We love that it has become such a friendly and community-driven hub for conversation and support.
For more information about the Xbox Insider Program, follow us on Twitter. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider Release Notes to stay informed about your Xbox Update Preview ring!