The Latest Update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Beta
The second beta weekend for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (2023) is now live, bringing with it exciting new changes to enhance gameplay and improve the overall experience. Let’s dive into all the details.
New Content and Features
- Two additional maps – Highrise and Orlov Military Base (Ground War)
- New game modes – Search and Destroy, and the all-new 3v3v3 mode Cutthroat
- Increased level cap to 30, allowing players to unlock more equipment and weapons
These additions offer players more variety and incentives to keep exploring the game.
Quality of Life Improvements
Not only does the beta bring new content, but it also addresses some important user interface and experience issues. The patch notes highlight the following updates:
- Improved notification system for playlist updates
- Fixed missing icon for SVA 545’s Incursion XII Long Barrel Attachment
- Added red nameplates for enemy operators to enhance visibility
- Fixed movement animations for operators after respawning
- Reduced slide to sprint delay
These changes aim to create a smoother and more enjoyable gameplay experience.
Based on player feedback, adjustments have been made to the strength and behavior of certain weapons:
- Reduced Tac-Stance spread for various weapon types
- Decreased minimum damage for the Striker submachine gun
- Adjusted damage range and multipliers for the Striker submachine gun
These weapon balancing changes aim to provide a more fair and competitive environment.
Bug Fixes and Miscellaneous Changes
The developers have been hard at work addressing various bugs and making additional improvements:
- Fixed crashes
- Added collision to certain areas in the Estate and Popov Power maps
- Resolved issue with immediate deaths after respawning near the yellow car in the Side Street of the Favela map
- Decreased health and lifetime of the Guardian-SC Killstreak
- Removed limited fuel for vehicles in Ground War
- Eliminated overhead camera sequence upon respawn in the Hardpoint mode
These updates ensure a more stable and enjoyable gaming experience for all players.
The Modern Warfare 3 beta is now open to PC, Xbox, and PlayStation players. Those who pre-ordered via PC on Battle.net have had early access since October 12. For others, the open cross-play beta will begin tomorrow, October 14.
Discover the Best FPS Games
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 has the potential to become one of the best FPS games. If you’re looking for more game recommendations, check out our list of the best multiplayer PC games.