The Limited-Time Event in Call of Duty: Warzone 2
After the official reveal of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Activision has announced a special limited-time event in Call of Duty: Warzone 2. This event gives players the opportunity to earn rewards that will carry over into Modern Warfare III.
The Special Warzone 2 Event Will Last Until August 21
The Shadow Siege event is a continuation of the ongoing story from Modern Warfare II’s raid episodes and serves as a setup for the campaign of Modern Warfare III. The event takes place on Warzone’s Al Mazrah map and requires players to team up and assault the Zaya Observatory in order to secure chemical weapons. Players have from August 17 until August 21 to complete the Warzone event and collect the rewards.
Similar to previous Warzone events, players will need to complete a series of tasks in different stages. These tasks include disabling missile silos, which will trigger a bombing of the map and open up a weapons facility for players to investigate, as well as taking down enemies along the way.
Once players successfully complete the event, the official Modern Warfare III trailer will play, similar to the special in-game event that commemorated the reveal of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War three years ago in Warzone.
Players who manage to complete the event will earn several rewards that will be immediately available in Modern Warfare II and will also carry over into Modern Warfare III. The rewards include:
- “Serpent Slayer” Vehicle Skin – Secure a Missile Launcher
- “Konni Group” Emblem – Blow up the Observatory
- “Crimson Sound” Calling Card – Exfil with a mission success
- “Gas Canister” Charm – Deliver Gas Canisters as a Squad in a single deployment
- 1 Battle Token Tier Skip – Intercept five radio transmissions
- “M13C” Assault Rifle (New Weapon) – Assist in killing five Commanders – Note that Juggernauts, Boss Choppers, and Wheelsons all count towards this challenge