Sniper Builds in Cyberpunk 2077: Creating the Ultimate Stealth Sniper Character in the New Update 2.0
Sniper builds can be extremely powerful in Cyberpunk 2077 when optimized correctly. The recent release of the Phantom Liberty expansion and the updated 2.0 version of the game have introduced exciting new content specifically designed for snipers. In this guide, we will provide you with everything you need to know about creating the best stealth sniper build in Cyberpunk 2077 2.0. We’ll cover attribute stat distribution, essential perks, recommended weapons, and the best Cyberware and clothing options for a stealth sniper build.
Best Gear for a Stealth Sniper Build in Cyberpunk 2.0
Cyberpunk 2077 offers a wide range of options for character specialization. While it’s possible to excel in multiple areas, focusing on a sniper build can yield the most lethal results and grant powerful abilities. In this build guide, we will discuss the distribution of attribute points, essential perks, Relic perks, the best primary and secondary weapons, as well as the most beneficial Cyberware for a stealth sniper build.
Best Sniper Rifles and Handguns for a Stealth Sniper Build
The key weapon for any sniper build is, of course, the sniper rifle. While there isn’t a definitive best sniper rifle, there are some standout options in Cyberpunk 2077. Iconic sniper rifles are generally the top choices, but other rifles can still perform exceptionally well. Here are a couple of notable options:
- Overwatch Power Sniper: This iconic sniper rifle boasts 50% armor penetration, a 300% headshot damage multiplier, increased reload speed, and a custom silencer. Perfect for eliminating enemies from a distance with precision and stealth.
- SPT32 Grad Power Sniper: While not iconic, the SPT32 Grad offers raw power with a Tier 5++ variant dealing 307 damage and three mod slots. It shares similar characteristics with the Overwatch and is available from various vendors in Night City.
In addition to sniper rifles, having a reliable secondary weapon is essential. The “Her Majesty” pistol obtained in the Phantom Liberty expansion is highly recommended for its unique silencer and guaranteed headshot crits while using optical camo. The Kongou pistol, which can be acquired during “The Heist” mission, also proves effective with its extended range and reduced recoil. The Rosco Iconic Revolver and Crash Tech Revolver are other noteworthy options for close-range encounters.
Best Cyberware for a Stealth Sniper Build
Cyberware plays an important role in enhancing your sniper build with headshot multipliers and reduced recoil. Prioritizing Cyberware labeled as “Cool Attuned” is ideal as it scales with the Cool attribute, which is crucial for snipers. Here are some of the best Cyberware options:
- Kiroshi Optics with trajectory analysis mod and weak spot detection mod: Provides +0.2% headshot and weakspot damage per Cool Attribute Point, a +2.4% headshot damage multiplier, and +2.4 Health.
- Shock Absorber (Hands): Reduces recoil by 14%, offers +0.2% headshot and weakspot damage per Cool Attribute Point, +2.4% health, and +1.9% Melee Damage Resistance.
- Lynx Paws (Legs): Grants +50% quieter movement, +8% crouched movement speed, +0.2% headshot and weakspot damage per Cool Attribute Point, and +4.8% Bonus Stealth Damage.
Best Clothing for a Stealth Sniper Build
While most clothing items in Cyberpunk 2077 don’t provide stat enhancements in Update 2.0, eyepieces can improve zoom and aiming. The Kang Tao Manganese Combat Ocuset is recommended for its high rate of weapon zoom (+0.15) and can be purchased from the West Wind Estate clothing vendor. Alternatively, the Trilayer Steel Ocuset, Old Ocuset, and Composite Ocuset are viable options available at the same vendor in Pacifica.
Best Attribute Point Distribution for a Stealth Sniper Build
When distributing attribute points, it’s crucial to prioritize the Cool attribute for a sniper build. Cool affects stealth and the proficiency of handguns, sniper rifles, and revolvers. Technical Ability and Reflexes are also important attributes to focus on. Technical Ability aids in healing, grenade usage, and Cyberware effectiveness, while Reflexes enhance mobility. Here’s a recommended attribute point distribution:
- Body: 3
- Reflexes: 6
- Technical Ability: 4
- Intelligence: 3
- Cool: 6
As you progress through the game, allocate points to Reflexes and Technical Ability. By level 35, reaching Reflexes and Technical Ability levels 15 is crucial to unlock the powerful Phenom tier Perks. At max level, aim to have Cool, Tech Ability, and Reflexes at level 20 to optimize your stealth sniper build.